Estimated reading time: 7 minutes
If you have a deep interest in numbers and want to pursue your passion for numbers as a profession, then, the accountant job is best for you. Also, if you want to earn a great salary and want to work in Australia, then the accountant pathway to Australian migration is the best choice for you. As you move ahead with this article, you will get to know everything you need for moving to Australia. Additionally, you will get to know about the various assessing authorities, visa, and ANZSCO code for the accountant’s profession. Thus, this complete article will guide you from top to bottom about migrating to Australia taking accounting as your profession.
Table of Contents
Demand for accountants in Australia
Before mentioning the demand for accounting, you should know that accounting comes under which list. Therefore, the skilled occupation is under the list of MLTSSL (Medium- and Long-term Strategic Skill List), ROL (Regional Occupation List), STSOL (Short-term Skilled Occupational List).
Accounting is considered to be one of the most boring and still jobs. The job sounds monotonous and basically revolves around only one thing, tax return. From maintaining the data of the work to calculating the complete expenditure, profits of the company; everything is therefore required for filing the tax return. But accounting is not just a piece of cake, it requires a certain degree of expertise and knowledge. Hence, you can have your dream come true by accountants’ pathway to Australian migration.
Based on the work process of accounting, one thing comes to mind that being such a monotonous job, there might be less demand for it. But it is just the opposite, as per the Australian government website Job Outlook. Over the past few years, the job opportunities in accounting have been three times more compared to the other occupation. It was also predicted that it will further increase more in the upcoming years.
Therefore, if you are an expert in accounting and want to earn more money, then the accountant pathway to Australian migration is the key to your success. It will help from getting a visa to help you give an assessment which is required to check your skills- the skills that you must have before working as an accountant in the Australian state.
ANZSCO code of accountants’ occupation pathway to Australia
The Australian government has categorized each job in different occupation lists. Additionally, it has given them different ANZSCO codes and assessing authorities. And for an accountant, there are many occupations for accounting and thus having different ANZSCO codes.
Each of the sectors mentioned in the occupation and ANZSCO codes have a different skill level. To clarify, this skill level assessment is to check the compatibility of an individual for working in Australia. Whether or not the applicant is fit for working as an accountant in Australia, everything is decided before you are shifting to Australia.
The DIAC then uses the codes that are mentioned for different accounting occupations. It requires the code for various visa and citizenship programs running across the country. The accountants’ pathway to Australian migration is only possible for you when DIAC gives you a green signal. This means that you have all the necessary documents, skills, knowledge to work and stay in Australian states. All the above documents are verified by DIAC under one of the MLTSSL, ROL, STSOL lists.
The ANZCO codes for accountant pathway to Australian migration are
- Accountant (general) with ANZSCO code 221111
- Corporate Treasurer – 221212
- External Auditor – 221213
- Finance Manager – 132211
- Management Accountant – 221112
- Taxation Accountant – 221113
The above codes available have various visa options and assessing authorities.
Assessing authority for accountant’s migration to Australia and fees
Assessing authorities are those authorities who are responsible for taking skills assessments. It is because the assessments check whether you have enough skills based on the skill level required for working in the accounting occupation. Hence, they play a very important role in accountants’ pathway to Australian migration.
There are three assessing authorities for accounting. They will become your companion in the accountant pathway to Australian migration.
- CAANZ (Chartered Accountant Australia and New Zeeland)
- CPAA (Certified Practicing Accountant Australia)
- IPA (Institute of Public Affairs)
All the above are the authorities responsible for taking skill assessments for accounting.
The various available migration options are as follows for accountants
- Full skills assessment.
- Provisional assessment.
- Skills employment assessment.
The various criteria for the assessment are
All the necessary documents from correct identity to job criteria, everything should be up to the mark to ensure the completion of the process
- Qualification comparability:
It is necessary to have an equivalent degree same as an Australian bachelor for processing the application. It is mandatory for you to have a degree that is suitable according to the Australian government department of Education, Skills, and Employment.
To clear this round of assessment, you need to have a command of the job which you will perform. Furthermore, you should have the basic knowledge along with the correct suitable degree.
- Proficiency in the English language:
It is most important for you to have proficiency in English. Because it plays a vital role in accountants’ pathway to Australian migration. It is done through the IELTS test.
It will cost you differently as per your requirement.
The cost of services of IPA are:
- Fast Track Service – 660A$
- Standard Service – AUD 550$
- Skilled Employment – 265A$
- Standard GSM upgrade – AUD 140$
- Fast Track GSM upgrade – AUD 440$
- Administration Fee – 90A$
The charges of CAANZ services are:
- Standard – AUD 550$
- Qualification only (express exclusive to migration agents) – AUD 650$
- Combined assessment (qualification and skilled employment) – AUD 600$
- Skilled Employment (standard) – AUD250$
- Skilled Employment (express) – AUD350$
For the CPAA, the charges of their services are:
- Skill Assessment – AUD 490$
- Update Application – AUD155$
- Apply for an assessment under a new ANZSCO code – AUD173$
- Appeal and assessment outcome – AUD 155$
- Withdraw application – AUD 73$
Available visa categories and subclasses for accountants
There are various categories of visa that allow you to pursue an accountant job in Australia. Thus, it would be helpful if you have a visa service provider. It is because they guide you at every step and help you in fulfilling the entire criteria for migration. To clarify, the visa categories for accountants are under the six-occupation list. The accountants’ pathway to Australian migration becomes easy when you have an experienced hand by your side.
The visa categories for Accountant (general), External Auditor, Management Accountants, and Taxation Accountants are:
- 186 – Employer Nomination Scheme visa report
- 189 – Skilled Independent – Points-Tested
- 190 – Skilled Nominated
- 407 – Training visa
- 485 – Temporary Graduate – Graduate Work
- 489 – Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa – Family-sponsored
- 489 – Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa – State or Territory nominated
- 482 – Temporary Skill Shortage – Medium Term Stream report
- 187 – Regional Sponsor Migration Scheme
- 494 – Skilled Employer-Sponsored Regional (provisional) – Employer-sponsored stream
- 491 – Skilled Work Regional (provisional) visa State or Territory nominated
- 491 – Skilled Work Regional (provisional) visa Family-Sponsored
Job role and task included as an accountant migrant
The government of Australia has set a certain role and responsibility for each occupation. So, the basic requirement for all the occupation list in accounting is the same. To elaborate, it requires a minimum of 6 to 12 month of experience, relevant degree and skill test based on ANZSCO skill assessment level 1. The various roles you should know for making accountants’ pathway to Australian migration easy are as follows:
- Aiding in the creation of economical and accounting strategies
- Preparing financial records for boards of directors, executives, shareholders, and governing and administrative bodies. Also, performing financial inquiries, preparing reports, administering audits.
- Examining running expenses as well as the revenue and spending of organizations.
- Providing guarantees regarding the quality of financial statements details, as well as its conformity with regulatory criteria.
- Advising on corporate structures, plans, and procedures from a financial and tax perspective.
Job availability and expected salaries for accountants
There are various types of jobs available for accounting. You can get some idea from the following:
- Accountant – At Handley Surveys (Salary- AUD 70k$ per year)
- Accountant – At University of Tasmania (Salary – AUD 65k$ per year)
- Intermediate/Graduate Accountant (Public Practice Taxation) – At PG Orth and co. (Salary AUD 40k$ to 49k$ per year)
At last, the accountant pathway to Australian migration becomes clear after going through this article. Using the above information, you can surely get a lot of ideas and plan for your shift to Australia. Whether you want to work in Australia for a year or the rest of your life, all you can understand from the above. We (Migration Agent Brisbane) value the sentiments, the perception of an applicant; therefore, help them in all possible ways we can.
Read other related articles