Estimated reading time: 9 minutes
If building houses, halls using bricks is your preference of work then you can have the chance to earn money. Bricklayer pathway to Australian migration provides you with such an opportunity. There are many precautions that you must take while laying bricks. Because you are making the foundation of a building. Thus, before considering this job, you should be completely ready.
Before migrating to Australia, there are certain points you must remember. There is an ANZSCO code for this by the Australian government. It also includes assessing authority, which is responsible for the procedure. All these points are available here in this blog that was written by a migration agent Parramatta. Also, there are certain points like demand for this job and various visa options, that you must know.
Demand for a bricklayer in Australia
In recent years, the demand for bricklayer has seen a drastic increase. If you are planning to shift to Australia then this is the right time. The summer of Australia and mild winters in the southern hemisphere have several jobs available for bricklaying. Another reason for the demand is the Australian culture. Australia is the most tolerant country. It welcomes people wholeheartedly without seeing one’s religion or caste. Thus, more people are attracted to this country.
Therefore, choosing a bricklayer pathway to Australian migration can be beneficial for you too. There is a shortage of bricklayers due to an increase in infrastructure. And very few youths are going for this job. Because of the shortage, there is a hike in the wages of bricklayers. They are earning around AUD 1000$ a week, since the increase in demand results in high wages.
Then, this is the correct time for you to get into this business and start earning. Certain visa options allow you to temporarily stay in Australia for about 2 to 3 years. This much of time is well enough to earn a handsome income and be on the verge of getting stability.
Bricklayers are leading a quality life in Australia. There is high demand, no shortage of jobs, on top of that salary is quite good. Nowadays, people are leaving their other occupations and are going for bricklaying. Therefore, if you also have the skills, then a good salary is waiting for you in Australia. Choose the bricklayer pathway to Australian migration for living in the dream world.
Growth in the bricklaying industry
According to Transparency ‘Market Research, global concrete block and manufacturing was around 2100 billion units in 2018’. It is likely to increase at a rate of 3% annually from 2019 to 2027. Looking at these figures, nobody would want to deny working in such an impactful industry.
This job is on the Medium and Long Term Strategic Skills List of the Australian government. The growth of the Australian states results in an increase in infrastructures, buildings, lifestyles of people. And who doesn’t know the strongest thing to use to build such things is brick. It is so reliable that brick structures are still the same for centuries. That’s why there is more and more demand for a bricklayer in Australia. Thus, the above demand gives the bricklayer pathway to Australian migration more importance.
ANZSCO code of a bricklayer occupation
The ANZSCO code is for the classification of occupations. In this, all the skills requirements are available that you must possess while choosing to work in Australia. All visa applicants should be up to the mark for working in Australia; the standards are present in the ANZSCO codes. This code is a shared initiative of the Australian Bureau of Statistics and the Department of Education and Training.
The ANZSCO sets the skill and work requirements that come under the general skills migration category. Further, it also sets the roles and responsibilities that the workers should perform in their respective jobs. In these codes, there is a certain skill level that also determines the different occupations. For each set occupation, there is a certain skill level. You will have to be up to the mark with the following skill level for your occupation. These are very important for successfully applying the bricklayer pathway to Australian migration. These are very important for successfully applying the bricklayer pathway to Australian migration.
Different levels of skill levels
There are five skill levels for various occupations. Some of them are:
- Skill Level 1 – It is the highest level that comprises the difficulty level and range of occupations.
- Skill Level 3 – This level is less difficult than level 1. That means, the task in these occupation lists is not as hard as level 1.
- Skill Level 5 – This level is the lowest among all the other levels. And includes easy tasks for the occupations available in this list. It has a very small range of occupations.
For the bricklayer, the ANZSCO code is of the bricklayer job is 331111. The skills you must have for the tasks are:
- AQF Certificate 3 with 2 years of job training. Or AQF Certificate 4 based on ANZSCO skill level 3.
- In place of these documents, 3 years of job experience in the relevant field are necessary for qualifying.
- In some cases, both 3 years of experience and formal documents are needed for the migration test.
Assessing authority for a bricklayer migration to Australia and fees
Your evaluation is the responsibility of the assessing authority. The bricklayer pathway to Australian migration will take place at these authorities. They are in charge of providing every detail to the government. Like, the visa and occupation migration that is going on in the Australian States.
They will assess your readiness to work in Australia. Before making a choice, they review all of the documents and job experience. The bricklayer’s dream to work in Australia depends on these authorities. When they establish that you are fit to work in Australia, you are all set to work. Also, make sure you have all of the relevant documentation. As a result, you should constantly keep track of the parameters for passing the skill assessment.
TRA is the authority that will evaluate your skill assessment. Also, TRA is an important section of the ministry of home affairs in Australia. It has access to all information on your visa and employment status. As a result, these evaluation agencies are entirely responsible for the bricklayer pathway to Australian migration. The MSA is for visa applicants who need to submit a skills evaluation to the Australian government.
Before administering MSA, keep the following considerations in mind:
- According to these evaluating agencies, certain credentials are there for MSA that you must have. Because this is the important point in fulfilling your desire of working in Australia.
- Your eligibility and worthiness of working as a bricklayer in Australia are observed by TRA. And should only become a reality if the TRA, the assessing authority, considers you worthy.
- You must have worked full-time or part-time in the suitable industry for at least two years. And this should be within the past 10 years.
Now that you have everything, it is time to pay. The following fees are:
- Migration Points Advice – AUD 600$
- Migration Points Advice (review) – AUD 300$
Available visa categories and subclasses for a bricklayer
There is a list of Visa and subclasses categories for a bricklayer. You should always be careful while considering any visa options. Therefore, it is always good to have an expert for this. So, for the bricklayer pathway to Australian migration, having the correct visa is very necessary. Down here is the list of result categories for this occupation:
- 186 – Employer Nomination Scheme visa
- 189 – Skilled Independent visa – Points-Tested
- 190 – Skilled Nominated
- 407 – Training visa
- 485 – Temporary Graduate visa – Graduate Work
- 489 – Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa– Family-sponsored
- 489 – Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa– State or Territory nominated
- 482 – Temporary Skill Shortage– Medium Term Stream
- 187 – Regional Sponsor Migration Scheme
- 494 – Skilled Employer-Sponsored Regional (provisional) – Employer-sponsored stream
- 491 – Skilled Work Regional (provisional) visa State or Territory nominated
- 491 – Skilled Work Regional (provisional) visa Family-Sponsored
At last, these visa categories will give you varieties of options for your migration. You just need to be very careful while choosing them.
Job role and task included as a bricklayer migrant
Most of the information regarding roles and responsibilities are already in the above section of the ANZSCO code. But the complete information about it is present here. Therefore, you should carefully look for these points before planning to move to Australia.
- Examining blueprints and specifications to identify materials that you need, dimensions, and installation techniques.
- Putting up and taking down restricted-height scaffolding.
- Using trowels, seal foundations with damp-resistant materials. Also, spread layers of mortar to act as a basis and binder for blocks.
- Set brick in rows, patterns, and forms, and distribute cement between joints.
- Embedment of stones in mortar and removal of surplus mortar is the responsibility of a bricklayer.
- You need to check vertical and horizontal alignment.
- Using machines and hand tools, cut, shape, and polish stones and bricks.
- Repairing and preserving bricks, cement blocks.
Job availability and expected salaries as a bricklayer
You should always keep track of the job availability before migrating to Australia. As it gives you an idea about the jobs and salary available. Therefore, the bricklayer pathway to Australian migration will be fully successful once you know each detail. Here are some of the jobs with salaries to give you a slight hint of jobs in Australia.
- Bricklayer: Engage Us Pty Ltd
This job is at Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter. Salary is about AUD 50$ to AUD 55$ per hour.
- Bricklayer: Frontline Human Resources
The location for this job is South West Coast VIC and the company is paying AUD 51$ per hour.
- Bricklayer: Goldenwood Construction Pty Ltd.
The location for this job is Sydney and the salary is around AUD 60,000$ to AUD 79,999$ per year.
Contact Australian Visa Lawyers
Therefore, looking at the above jobs, you can be sure enough that there are numerous jobs in Australia. And the bricklayer pathway to Australian migration is the right path for you. As always, our team helplines are always there for you. To assist you with the various visa difficulties, guiding you through assessment, we can help you in all of these. Hence, don’t just waste time by earning less; the pathway is giving you a chance to improve your life than before. So just go for it and grab the opportunity with open hands.
Read other related articles