This provisional visa is designed for those who would like to invest at least AUD 15million in complying investments and/or philanthropic contributions.
Obligations for the visa applicant
To avail of this category of visa, there are certain requirements that you will need to fulfil. The lists are given below.
- Stay Duration: The stay duration under this provisional visa is 4 years and 3 months.
- Visa Cost: The cost of this provisional visa starts from AUD 9,455.
- Things you must/ need to have: To avail of this visa you must-
- Be invited
- Be nominated
- Invest at least AUD15 million in Australian investments and/or philanthropic
- Have a genuine intention to hold the investment for the whole period of the visa
- Activities in Australia you can undertake: With this category of visa you can-
- Stay up to 4 years and 3 months
- Carry out business and investment activity in Australia
- Leave and re-enter Australia as many times as you want while the visa is valid.
- Include eligible family members in the visa application
FAQs of Business Innovation and Investment (provisional) visa (subclass 188) Premium Investor stream
- Is it essential to be nominated to avail of this visa?
Yes, to avail of this visa, you must be nominated by Austrade before being invited to apply for this visa. Also, Austrade must not withdraw their nomination after you apply, or we will be unable to grant you a visa.
2. Do I need to receive an invitation to apply for this visa?
Yes, it is essential that you must receive an invitation. Initially, you must submit an Expression of Interest (EOI). If Austrade accepts your EOI and nominates you, we will invite you to apply for this visa. To know more about the Premium Investor program from Austrade.
3. What premium investment do I need to make to avail of this visa?
After you apply for the application, you must make a complying premium investment of at least AUD15 million.