This is a permanent visa meant for the carers. Carer visa subclass 116 lets you move and stay in Australia, on a permanent basis, to care for someone with a long-term medical condition. They must have no reasonable access to care options in Australia.
Obligations for the subclass 116 visa applicant
To avail of this category of visa, there are certain requirements that you will need to fulfil. The lists are given below.
- Stay Duration– The stay duration under this subclass of visa is permanent.
- Visa Cost– The cost of this subclass of 116 visa starts from AUD 3,860.
- Things you must/ need to have: To avail of this visa you must-
- Be outside Australia when applying
- Be outside Australia when your application gets decided by the officials
- Be sponsored by your relatives or loves ones for the initial 2 years in Australia
- Must be able to provide substantial ongoing care and support to the relative, or a member of their family who lives with them, who have no reasonable access to care options in Australia
- Must meet Australian health and character requirements
- Activities in Australia you can undertake: With this category of visa you can-
- Stay in Australia permanently
- Work and study in Australia
- Travel to and from Australia for the first 5 years, from the date of the visa grant
- Apply for Australian citizenship, if eligible
- Sponsor eligible relatives to come and stay in Australia
- Enroll in Medicare
FAQs of Subclass 116 Carer visa
- Do I need to be sponsored to apply for this visa?
Yes, you must be sponsored by an eligible sponsor to avail of this visa. Also, your sponsorship must be approved by the officials.
2. Is it a must to be a carer to avail of this visa?
Yes, as its name suggests, to avail of this visa, you must be willing and able to provide ongoing substantial care and support for your sponsoring relative or the family member who lives with them. Also, you should have a full understanding of your sponsor’s medical condition and what their care needs are.
3. What document do I need to sign to get approved for this visa?
If you are 18 years of age and above, you must sign an Australian Values Statement that confirms you will respect the Australian way of life and obey Australian laws.