This is a permanent visa for the carers who are aiming to stay and live in Australia to care for someone with a long-term medical condition but have no reasonable access to care options in Australia.
Obligations for the 836 visa applicant
To avail of this category of visa, there are certain requirements that you will need to fulfil. The lists are given below.
- Stay Duration– The stay duration under this subclass of visa is permanent.
- Visa Cost– The cost of this subclass 836 visa starts from AUD 3,860.
- Things you must/ need to have: To avail of this visa you must-
- Be inside the country when applying for the visa
- Be inside Australia when your application gets decided by the officials
- Be sponsored by your relatives or loves ones for the initial 2 years in Australia
- Must be able to provide substantial ongoing care and support to the relative, or a member of their family who lives with them, who have no reasonable access to care options in Australia
- Must meet Australian health and character requirements
- Activities in Australia you can undertake: With this category of visa you can-
- Stay in Australia permanently
- Work and study in Australia
- Travel to and from Australia for the first 5 years, from the date of the visa grant
- Apply for Australian citizenship, if eligible
- Sponsor eligible relatives to come and stay in Australia
- Enroll in Medicare
FAQs of carer visa subclass 836
- Do I need to hold any substantive visa to apply for the Subclass 836 Carer visa?
Yes, you must:
- Hold any substantive visa, except a Transit visa (subclass 771), or
- Have held any substantive visa except a subclass 771 and made a valid application for a subclass 836 visa within a certain time
2. Is it necessary to have a sponsor?
Yes, you must be sponsored by an eligible sponsor to avail of this visa. Also, your sponsorship must be approved by the officials.
3. Do I need to meet the health requirement to avail of this visa?
Yes, to avail of this visa, you and your family must meet the minimum health requirement set by the Australian immigration law.