Estimated reading time: 7 minutes
Are you trained in the cutting, shaping, and installation of building materials? Can you master the trade and craft of construction of buildings, ships, timber bridges, concrete formwork, etc.? Well, if it is so, then you can pursue your career in Carpentry.
In addition, if you dream about relocating to Australia at the same time, what can be better than this. You have a very high probability of settling in Australia through the Carpenter pathway to Australian migration.
In this way, you can earn a good amount of money through which you can enjoy the astounding lifestyle of Australia. Furthermore, the following article will guide you about the ways through which you can migrate to Australia as a Carpenter.
Demand for Carpenter in Australia
Do you know that Carpenters’ job is in high demand these days in Australia? So, if you are planning to relocate there, we will help you to learn about the Carpenter pathway to Australian migration. That is to say, the in-demand job will make your migration process faster and easier.
Statistically, the rate of employment for carpenters has increased slightly in Australia. That is to say, in the past years, the demand has been increased for them. Moreover, this reflects the fact that carpenters can be employed in numerous industries.
This makes this job vacancy a golden opportunity for the applicants who are waiting to migrate to Australia. They can simply choose the Carpenter pathway to Australian migration to make their relocation to Australia convenient. In this way, they will achieve their dream goals. In addition, Australia can also have the advantage of welcoming the new Carpenters to serve their population.
Carpenter categorizes under the Skilled Occupation List in which The Australian government keeps this profession under Medium & Long-Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL). So, if you are capable of becoming a Carpenter with phenomenal skills in this sector then you can become a perfect candidate to be nominated.
You can apply under the visa subclass of 186, 189, 190, 407, 485, 489, 482, 187, 494, and 491 for Carpenter.
ANZSCO code of Registered Carpenter occupation
Being a Carpenter, you may be asked to construct, erect, install, renovate and repair structures. In addition, it’s their responsibility to look after fixtures of wood, plywood, wallboard, and other materials. Therefore, if you are capable enough to perform these tasks excellently, then, you may choose Carpenters’ pathway to Australian migration.
That is to say, migrating to Australia will boost your living standards and brings a healthy lifestyle. Moreover, you will be paid a handsome amount through which you can easily earn your living in Australia. The ANZSCO code for Carpenter occupation is mentioned below.
Assessing Authority for Carpenter migration to Australia and Fees
TRA (Trades Recognition Australia) is the skill assessing authority for people with trade skills gained overseas or in Australia for migration. In addition, it undertakes skill assessments and assists for migration and skills recognition purposes. In this way, it helps to ensure continued economic growth and enable the country to best position itself for continued prosperity.
Remember, to be eligible for applying for MSA, you must:
- have a qualification directly related to your nominated occupation
- have the required amount of employment experience in your occupation
TRA applies fess for the migration skill assessment. That is to say, the applicants who want to use the services provided by the assessing authority will have to pay some amount. Therefore, to give you clarity on the fee structure, the charges are mentioned below.
- Migration Skills Assessment (MSA) – $1000
- Migration Skills Assessment (MSA) – Review – $900
Most importantly, fee schedules are subject to change. That means TRA will give reasonable notice if any proposed fee increases. Also, the notices regarding the same will be mentioned on the TRA website.
Available visa categories and subclasses for Carpenter
To make sure that you get a visa, you must contact a reputed and trustable firm. That is because they will provide you with the best guidance and advice for the Carpenter pathway to Australian migration. Our team at Australian Visa Lawyer will assign you a registered migration agent for your Australian migration process.
Therefore, you can choose the visa type according to your requirements. As a Carpenter, you can choose any of the following visa subclass options for Australian migration:
Visa subclasses for carpenter pathway to Australian migration
- 186 – permanent visa for skilled foreign workers
- 187 – regional sponsor visa for skilled foreign workers
- 189 – skilled Independent visa which for applicants who wish to live and work anywhere in Australia.
- 190 – state-sponsored visa through which applicants can live and work in Australia for an indefinite period.
- 489 – a skilled regional provisional visa that is a pathway to Australian permanent residency and is valid for four years.
- 407 – training visa
- 485 – a temporary graduate visa that allows the applicant to do graduate work
- 491 – skilled regional provisional visa for state or territory nominated and family-sponsored
- 482 – skilled employer-sponsored regional provisional for employer-sponsored team
Above all, subclass 190, 189, and 489 are the point-based skilled migration visas and you have to score a minimum of 60 points in the Australia Immigration point test to qualify for the nominated occupation.
The points are based on Educational Qualification, Age, Work Experience, Language requirements, Relevant Skills, and other factors.
Job role and task included as a Carpenter migrant
Being a Carpenter, you must construct, erect, install, renovate and repair structures. Also, you have to deal with the fixtures of wood, plywood, wallboard, and other materials.
However, here is the list of tasks that you have to perform if you choose Carpenters’ pathway to Australian migration.
- studying drawings and specifications to determine materials required, dimensions, and installation procedures
- cutting materials, and assembling and nailing cut and shaped parts
- ordering and selecting timbers and materials, and preparing layouts
- erecting framework and roof framing, laying sub-flooring and floorboards, and verifying trueness of structures
- assembling prepared wood to form structures and fittings ready to install
- nailing fascia panels, sheathing roofs, and fitting exterior wall cladding and door and window frames
- cutting wood joints
- repair existing fittings
- construct concrete formwork sometimes
- may work with plastic laminates, Perspex, and metals
Most importantly, the specializations may include Fixing Carpenter, Formwork Carpenter, and Prop and Scenery Maker.
Job availability and expected salaries
Do you know due to the high demand for Carpenters, there are a lot of job opportunities to choose from? Moreover, the people who are willing to migrate to Australia can look forward to becoming a Carpenter and serve the local community. That is to say, the profession might prove to be fruitful for those who want to choose the Carpenter pathway to Australian migration.
Therefore, if you are interested in the job vacancy, then hurry up to apply for the same as the competition is very high. In addition, the pay-out is excellent with a vast number of options to choose from according to your needs and requirements. Also, the job comes with the described work that they want from you. Here are some examples of job opportunities that you can go through once to have a better understanding.
- SLA Building Group is seeking interest for a Carpenter who can fill the vacancy of a full-time worker. The job is offered with a salary of about $60,000 – $79,999 per year.
Qualifications & experience:-
- You will need to be an apprentice carpenter or qualified carpenter
Tasks & Responsibilities:-
- House Renovations internal and external
- Bathroom Renovations
- Kitchen Renovations
- New builds
- External renovations
- Timber wall and roof framing
- They offer quality work and a happy workplace
- The One Building is currently looking for a highly-skilled, and hardworking Carpenter with relevant experience for various tasks to perform.
- General building works
- Timber framing and structural works
- Internal finishing and detailing
Most importantly, the salary will be $50 – $65 per hour according to the required work. Furthermore, you will sign a contract which will specify everything. In addition, the working hours will be casual.
Get help from a migration expert
In conclusion, the article above is to inform the candidates seeking interest in the Carpenter pathway to Australian migration. To specify, the reader will get clarity on how to migrate to Australia as a Carpenter. This article is a huge help if the Carpenters’ profession fits your needs and requirements.
In this way, you can go for this to become a skilled overseas worker. Furthermore, the team of experts offered by us will guide you best with your migration process. Our excellent services and advice will make your immigration process convenient. Therefore, you can give us a chance to prove ourselves by booking an appointment for your migration consultancy.