Estimated reading time: 7 minutes
Children need a lot of care. Handling them requires a lot of patience. You need to be enthusiastic and full of motivation to handle children. If you think you have the gentleness within you, then there are great opportunities for you. One such opportunity is the child and Au Pair visa for Australian migration.
Therefore, the meaning of this article written by one of the best registered migration agents Melbourne is to guide you through the complete information on Au pair visa. You will get to know the meaning of Au Pair. Also, you will know the demand for Au Pair in Australia from this article. At last, this article will tell you about various visa options and the countries eligible for this kind of visa. Thus, it will be your complete solution to know about Au Pair visa.
Table of Contents
Who is Au Pair?
Au Pair is a helper from another country. Their main role is to take the burden of child care from the family, they are working for. In addition to child care, they do the basic household work. The reason why people choose this occupation is that they get a roof to live in a foreign country. Also, they get food and monthly pocket money in return for their services.
Au Pair and child visa for Australian migration have a restriction of age. The visa is applicable for people up to the age of 30. In general, most of the Au Pairs migrating to Australia are of 18-22 age. They also take part in cultural exchange allowing them greater experiences of life. Not only Au Pair but the hosting family also receive the same experience. In general, an Au Pair takes care of a parent’s children for about 20 to 40 hours a week.
The need for Au Pair is completely dependent on the families. This process can take place informally or through an agency. The visa is applicable only for 6 months. Afterwards, it can get an extension when Au Pair and the host family are willing to do so.
Demand for Au Pairs jobs in Australia
The demand for Au Pairs in Australia is quite high. It is because many parents in Australia want a cheap and easy alternative for their children’s care. There was an inquiry in 2015 by the Productivity Commission on children. According to the report, ‘40 per cent of children up to age 12 received some type of informal non-parental care’. This shows the demand for an Au Pair. Therefore, child and Au Pair visa for Australian migration was in constant use.
Another report of ABS statistics proves the growth in the number of female Au Pairs in Australia. The reports shows the figure from 1979 to 2016. According to it, the total percentage of female participation rises to 59% from 44%.
In today’s world, where people are so busy with their work; they often tend to give less attention to their child. Because of that, the mental growth in children slows down. But, having Au Pair for children’s care will be much more beneficial. This service benefits all three members- the parents, the child, and also the Au Pair.
Demand increases when there is a need for it. The former minister, Sussan Ley, also enlights on the ABS statistics. The report states that more than 100,000 women are available to work. But they can not do so because of the child’s responsibilities. They are unable to either work or increase their working hours due to the responsibilities.
Thus, it is good for them to have a child Au Pair caretaker. As it provides them with the support to make their stand in the world. Therefore, child and Au Pair visa for Australian migration becomes an opportunity for outsiders. It gives them a chance to explore the world. At the same time, offer their nurturing to the children.
Available visa categories for Au Pairs to Australian migration
Everything has a procedure for its completion. In the case of child and Au pair visa for Australian migration, there are two types of visas.
- Working Holiday Visa (Subclass 417)
- Work and Holiday Visa (Subclass 462)
This visa option is for youth who want to visit Australia. The time range is up to 1 year. In one year, you get the time to work and explore Australia.
The visa validity is for 1 year that begins the moment Au Pair enters Australia. But, according to law, the visitor has no right to work with the same employer for more than 6 months. But an exception is for the Au Pair, where they can work for the same family for a year.
Various eligibility that you must-have for applying for the visa are
- Age should be between 18 to 30 years.
- Should be single (Having no child or marriage)
- Au Pair should have not been in Australia before on a Work and Holiday Visa (Subclass 462)
- Enough savings (about 5000 AUD) for payments during working holidays.
- The Au Pair should have enough money for traveling to Australia and way back.
- Citizenship and passports from the countries eligible for Au Pair visa.
- Additional requirements are:
- Health Insurance and should be in good health condition.
- Character certificates; need to provide only if it is necessary.
You can get the child and Au Pair visa for Australian migration twice on this visa option. Applying for the second time, you need to give the same details as you have for the first one. Additionally, you need to prove that you have done some work in Australia during your first stay.
Application procedure for Working Holiday Visa (Subclass 417)
- You should have a valid passport according to the requirements for an Au Pair visa.
- All the necessary documentation in accordance with the Australian government.
- Need to fill the visa application to one of the immigration offices. At the time of submitting, you need to pay the fee.
- The authorities will decide on the approval of your visa by checking all the criteria. Failure to get approval, you will not get the refund.
It is the same as the previous one. But there is some additional information to it that you need to know.
- The marriage criteria are not necessary like it was in the Working Holiday visa.
- There is a limitation on the number of Work and Holiday Visa per year.
- The limitation is also on the countries. Very few countries have permission for this visa.
- Apart from the other requirements in the Working Holiday Visa, here, there are extra requirements. That is, education proof, language requirements, and letters of support from their government (except for Israel and China).
- The applicants can extend the period of their stay. For that, they need to apply for the completion of the first visa. The age limit should not exceed more than 30.
Hence, these two are the child and Au Pair visa for Australia migration. You can apply for any one of the following.
Countries that are eligible for Working Holiday Visa are
- Denmark to
- Hong Kong
- United Kingdom
The Countries that suits for the Work and Holiday visa are
- Slovak Republic
Therefore, the above article will give you a wide range of child and Au Pair visas for Australian migration. At the same time, you got to know about the various visas. Also, you got to the idea of the requirements for applying for various visas. You should always consult a migration expert before using this visa. As they have all the necessary knowledge that will help you get the right kind of visa. Also, their support team is available for you around the clock.
Read other related articles