Estimated reading time: 8 minutes
Are you aware of the complete visa system? Well, maximum people know about the types of visas and various fields in which they can get a visa. Many get their sponsors to do all the formalities. But very few are there who know about the things which might affect them while leaving their sponsors. Therefore, you should be very careful to do that. Hence, we (registered migration agents Brisbane) will get all the details about the consequences of leaving your sponsor during a 186 visa. This will help you understand the various processes involved in the subclass visa section 186.
Table of Contents
Conditions of 186 visa subclass
This section will tell you about all the conditions that are present in the 186-visa subclass. Basically, there are three types of employer scheme visas in subclass 186. To provide you better clarity on this topic, here are details about all the three schemes:
Benefits of this visa:
- Stay in Australia permanently.
- Can work and study in Australia.
- You have the privilege to get yourself into Australia’s public healthcare scheme.
- The best benefit is that the sponsor relatives who are eligible to come to Australia can visit.
- Get the privilege of travelling from Australia to Australia for 5 years.
- If you have all the necessary documents and eligibility then you can apply for permanent citizenship for Australia.
Eligibility for getting this visa:
- Only those having nomination by their employer are eligible for working permanently.
- Along with that, the occupation in which you are working should be in relevance to the skilled occupation list.
- At last, the worker should have at least little knowledge about the English language. They should be capable enough to understand and convey their messages in Australia.
Have the privilege to take your family with you:
You can add your family members to your application at the time you apply for it. Or else, you can add their names later on but make sure to add them before your visa approval.
The family members who are eligible for this visa are:
- Your partner or your child/stepchild.
- Your partner’s child who is dependent on him/her.
- Also, the child who rely on your or your partner’s child.
- You can also add those holding 457, 482 visa subclasses. This is possible only if they have got the visa on the basis that they are your family member.
- The member of your family applying for this visa must meet all the criteria.
Cost for applying for this visa:
The charge is AUD 4,045$ for this visa. But there is an extra charge while adding a member of your family. Therefore, that charge is known as the second installment. Your family members who are 18 or above need to pay the charge. The charge is payable only when they apply for the visa with you. Or, have less knowledge of English. The charge is AUD 4,890$ per person.
The complete process may take 6 months to 11 months for completion. It may vary on the basis of your form submission. If there is an error, it may take more than that.
Same as the above stream, this visa also provides a chance to work and live in Australia permanently. This is done after the nomination by their employers. Later on, they can apply for permanent citizenship and acquire one after fulfilling the eligibility. This stream is for you if you are currently working or will work with an employer of the labour agreement.
The employer giving you nomination must have a labour agreement. To be a successful applicant, you must fulfill all the criteria according to the Australian Government.
You can add your family along with you. The eligible family members are
- Your partner
- Partner’s or your child
- Or even your child’s child who rely on them.
Cost for Labour Agreement Stream:
The cost for this visa is AUD 4,045$. For adding a family member, the cost is AUD 4,890$ know as the second installment.
The entire procedure may take anything from 7 to 11 months to finish. It may differ depending on how you fill out the form. If there is a mistake, it may take longer.
Just like the above visa this also gives a right to work and live in Australia permanently.
With the help of this visa, you can:
- Live and work in Australia permanently.
- Study in Australia.
- Get yourself to indulge in Australia’s public health care scheme.
- Bring your relatives to Australia by sponsoring them.
- Travel in and out from Australia for 5 years and also apply for citizenship is possessing all the documents.
- Get a chance to bring your partner, your child or your grandchild to Australia.
Eligibility for temporary residence transition stream:
- You must have a 457, TSS or related bridging visa A, B, or C.
- There should be a working tenure of at least three years a full-time job with your employer.
- At last, your employer must nominate you.
The cost for this visa is also the same as all other AUD 4,045$. The second installment known as the cost for your family to apply for a visa with you is AUD 4890$.
The complete process may take a longer time, approximately, 14 to 18 months. Which is subject to change according to your application.
There are obligations for both employer and the employee for getting a visa.
The obligation of employees under visa subclass 186:
- There should be no violation of law by you or your family members. Hence, they should follow all the necessary laws of the Australian government.
- You must start your work within 6 months of visa approval. This is for those workers who come to Australia from outside to work.
- There is no restriction on you for travelling to and from Australia for 5 years. Afterwards, you need to have a Resident Return Visa to come back to Australia as a permanent citizen.
Obligations that employer have for the visa 186:
- There should be involvement of the employer in any ill-legal activities.
- You must fulfill the criteria for nominating an employee under transition and direct stream.
- The image of the company and employer must be clean and should not have any negative impact.
- Employers can only nominate applicants whose occupations are on the STSOL- Short Term Skilled Occupation List and the MLTSSL- Medium and Long-Term Strategic Skills List. You must comply with the criteria of your Training benchmark (both A and B).
Employees right under sponsored visa:
The Australian government has some basic workplace rights and protections for all the people working in Australia. However, it does not depend on their citizenship or their visas. It is the same for everyone under the Australian workplace law, the Fair Work Ombudsman. This body is responsible for the protection of the rights of the people having a visa.
One such employee right is that their employer cannot cancel their visa. The cancellation, approval are another thing completely depends on the government bodies. Thus, the visa holders can reach out to the department without fear of visa cancellation. If their queries are genuine, there will be fast action to resolve them.
You need to know the consequences of leaving your sponsor. Subclass 186 provides permanent working right in Australia. At first, you must provide the Department of Home Affairs with an employment contract. The contract is stating that the position of your job is available to you for at least 2 years. The employment contract aims to demonstrate to the Department that your sponsor plans to sponsor you for at least two years, as it is necessary for the visa.
The standard employment rules apply to the contract. Hence keeping the bond between you and your employer intact. Hence, it conveys that both have their rights to end the employment contract. Therefore, after the visa approval, you can cancel your employment contract. this would not result in canceling a visa by the department.
There is no such statement in the visa for maintaining the two years of bond. Either you or your employer has full rights to cancel the contract. Hence, after getting a visa, you can leave your employer. The department will not terminate or pause your visa. However, the department has the right to cancel your visa if there is any false statement in your application. Another reason which might lead to the cancellation of your visa is your ill behaviour while working. If there is any tampering in the data of your application, your employer too might be in trouble. Your false documents might also affect your citizenship application.
Therefore, to avoid any cancellation offer visa by the department you must perform your duties well. Also, it is always better to be with your employer for a long time. Before any further steps, there should be proper communication with your employer.
How can a migration lawyer help?
It is always better when you have a suggestion from an experienced person. Someone who has years of experience in visa handling. This way there will no room for errors. They are capable of pointing out those mistakes which you might forget. Also, they can provide you with good advice after analyzing the complete scenario. Additionally, they can help you search for the best visa that suits your requirement. Their experience can guide you correctly, thus, filing a perfect application. Get your dream of living and working in Australia with the help of a migration agent at Australian Visa Lawyers.
Read other related articles