This is a temporary visa that allows older parents to come and stay in Australia for a period of 2 years. In order to avail of this visa you must be the parents of a settled Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen.
Obligations of Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary) visa – Subclass 884
To avail of this category of visa, there are certain requirements that you will need to fulfil. The lists are given below.
- Stay Duration– The stay duration under this subclass of visa is up to 2 years.
- Visa Cost– The cost of this subclass of visa starts from AUD 33,285.
- Things you must/ need to have: To avail of this visa you must-
- Be the parents of a settled Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen
- Have a sponsor
- Meet the age requirements
- Be in Australia, but not in immigration clearance, when you apply for this visa and when we make our decision
- Not have already applied for or hold a Sponsored Parent (Temporary) (Subclass 870) visa when applying for this visa
- Obey all Australian laws
- Activities in Australia you can undertake: With this category of 884 visa you can-
- Stay in Australia for up to 2 years
- Work and study in Australia (without any government support)
- Include family members in your visa application
FAQs of Subclass 884 Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary) visa
- Do I need to have a sponsor to avail of this parent visa?
Yes, to avail of Subclass 884 visa, is it necessary that you must be sponsored by an eligible sponsor. You can be sponsored by your child. But if your child is under 18, you can be sponsored by an eligible relative or community organisation.
2. What is the minimum age to apply for Subclass 884 visa?
To apply for this subclass of visa, you must be old enough to receive the age pension in Australia.
3. Can I hold any previous visa at the time of applying for Subclass 884?
You cannot apply for this visa if you have already applied for or hold a Sponsored Parent (Temporary) (subclass 870) visa.