Estimated reading time: 9 minutes
Are you gravitated towards motivating and inspiring people? Are you capable enough to make them realize their potential and capabilities? Are you good at interacting with children and enjoy their company? If it is a yes to all these questions, then pursuing your career as a pre-primary school teacher will be perfect for you.
In other words, you will not only fit in this category but will also perform excellently on your further career path. Moreover, our team of experts at Australian Visa Lawyer will stand as a support pillar right behind you on the whole journey. In addition, we provide the best Early Childhood (pre-primary school) Teacher pathway to Australian migration.
In this way, you can build a strong connection with students to guide them about their abilities. On the other hand, if you dream about settling in Australia, it can become possible through this. That is to say, you can relocate to Australia by reading the below article and learning everything about becoming an Early Childhood (pre-primary school) Teacher in Australia.
Table of Contents
Demand for Early Childhood (pre-primary school) teacher in Australia
Early Childhood (pre-primary school) Teacher is a job that is in high demand these days in Australia. So, if you are planning to relocate there, we will help you to learn about the Early Childhood (pre-primary school) teacher pathway to Australian migration.
You must be thinking about the reason why primary school teachers are in demand. So, you must know the reason behind this. It is extensive studies have reported that Australia cannot accommodate the rise of students, despite a pace at which the teachers are growing in number.
Although, the government is trying to provide as many teachers as they can to solve the problems faced by many schools, alas, they are not being able to keep a hold of them. This makes this profession a golden opportunity for those who are waiting to relocate to Australia.
They can happily choose the Early Childhood (pre-primary school) teacher pathway to Australian migration. In this way, their dream will come true and Australia can also have the advantage of welcoming the new teachers to serve their population.
Early Childhood (pre-primary school) teacher comes under the Skilled Occupation List. The Australian government categories this profession under the Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL). So, if you are capable of becoming a pre-primary school teacher and have incredible skills in this sector, try your luck to become a perfect applicant to get nominated.
You can apply under the visa subclass of 190, 407, 485, 482, 187, 494, and 491 for the Early Childhood (pre-primary school) teacher.
ANZSCO code of Early Childhood (pre-primary school) teacher occupation
Being an Early Childhood (pre-primary school) teacher, it is your responsibility to teach and coordinate a range of subjects within a prescribed curriculum to primary school students. In addition, you may become a part of promoting students’ social, emotional, intellectual, and physical development.
Therefore, if you are capable enough to perform these tasks excellently, then, you may choose the Early Childhood (pre-primary school) teacher pathway to Australian migration. Also, migrating to Australia will bring you a healthy lifestyle and boost your living standards. Most importantly, your salary will be great.
The ANZSCO code for Early Childhood (pre-primary school) teacher occupation is 241213 PRIMARY SCHOOL TEACHERS.
Above all, the specialisations may include Primary School Teacher-Librarian as well.
Assessing Authority for Early Childhood (pre-primary school) teacher migration to Australia and fees
The assessing authority for the assessment of migration skills for Early Childhood (pre-primary school) Teacher is AITSL (Australian Institute for Teaching & School Leadership Limited).
In addition, it is willing to assess the qualifications for the visa options for Australian migration for the people who desire to relocate to Australia as a primary school teacher.
It helps to empower, educate and inspire the ones who intend to choose the Early Childhood (pre-primary school) Teacher pathway to Australian migration. Moreover, AITSL also provides knowledge, guidance, and resources to help you become the perfect teacher you want to be.
In this way, it establishes high standards to educate and train the Australian community.
AITSL charges some fees for providing its services to the applicants. Below are the mentioned services for which the applicant is charged and how much for each service.
- Application for skills assessment – AUD 860
- The appeal of assessment outcome – AUD 860
- Skilled Employment Statement (SES) – AUD 232
- Additional copy of assessment outcome – AUD 99
Most importantly, for an additional copy of the assessment outcome, no fees are charged until and unless an additional copy is requested of a certificate with a reference starting with WAMS.
Above all, no additional Goods and Services Tax (GST) will be added to the total amount at the time of making payment. That is to say, the above-mentioned amount is final.
Available visa categories and subclasses for Early Childhood (pre-primary school) teacher
It becomes necessary to seek help from a prestigious firm if you want to relocate to Australia through Early Childhood (pre-primary school) teachers’ pathway to Australian migration. In other words, the firm should be authentic in providing its services.
Moreover, you must look for an expert migration agent by yourself if you want do not want to seek help from a renowned platform. However, you can choose the visa type according to your requirements.
As an Early Childhood (pre-primary school) Teacher, you can choose any of the following visa subclass options for your Australian migration:
- Subclass 187 – regional sponsor visa for skilled foreign workers
- Subclass 190 – state-sponsored visa through which applicants can live and work in Australia for an indefinite period.
- Subclass 489 – a skilled regional provisional visa that is a pathway to Australian permanent residency and is valid for four years.
- Subclass 407 – training visa
- Subclass 491 – skilled regional provisional visa for state or territory nominated and family-sponsored
- Subclass 494 – skilled regional provisional visa for state or territory nominated
- Subclass 482 – skilled employer-sponsored regional provisional for employer-sponsored team
Most importantly, subclass 190 and 489 are point-based skilled migration visas. That is to say, you need a score of at least 60 points on the Australia Immigration point test.
To clarify, the points of the Australian immigration test are based on Age, Educational Qualification, Work Experience, Relevant Skills, Language requirements and other factors.
Job role and task included as an Early Childhood (pre-primary school) teacher migrant
As an Early Childhood (pre-primary school) Teacher migrant, you have to teach various subjects that are prescribed within the curriculum/syllabus given by the school. Also, you can be a part of promoting students’ social, emotional, intellectual, and physical development.
Here are the tasks included that you have to conquer in this profession.
- presenting prescribed curriculum using a range of teaching techniques and materials
- teaching literacy, numeracy, social science, creative expression and physical education skills to primary school students
- developing students’ interests, abilities and coordination by way of creative activities
- preparing, administering and marking tests, projects and assignments to evaluate students’ progress and recording the results
- guiding discussions and supervising work in class
- discussing individual progress and problems with students and parents, and seeking advice from Student Counsellors and senior teachers
- participating in staff meetings, educational conferences and workshops
- maintaining discipline in classrooms and other school areas
- liaising with parent, community and business groups
- maintaining class and scholastic records
- supervising student teachers on placement
- performing extra-curricular tasks such as assisting with sport, school concerts, excursions and special interest programs
Job availability and expected salaries
There are enormous job opportunities available for Early Childhood (pre-primary school) Teachers. That is to say, you can choose according to your requirements, interests, and needs.
If you think teaching is ideal for you and no one can beat you in the respective competition then you can go for the Early Childhood (pre-primary school) Teachers pathway to Australian migration.
To clarify, the salaries in this job sector are excellent. Also, for your convenience, you will be given a proper description of the work or tasks that they want from you.
Here are some examples of the jobs that are currently available. That is to say, you can look towards these opportunities once to have a better understanding.
- Ilim College is currently seeking a qualified CRT staff to join their Primary Team at their Glenroy Campus. Further, they foster an environment where each student can explore his or her potential for academic excellence and personal achievement while incorporating the tenets of Islam into their everyday learning experiences.
The vacancy is offered with a good salary. Moreover, it is a permanent full-time job of educating and training with a multi-disciplinary work environment and family-friendly workplace.
Skills & Experience
- a sound understanding of the Australian Curriculum, contemporary learning theory and the appropriate means of monitoring and assessing student achievement
- ability to form a positive relationship with students
- ability to create a vibrant, friendly, cheerful learning environment
- ability to collaboratively work within a professional learning team
- previous experience
Above all, Applicants must have an Australian Teaching License to apply for this role.
Benefits for you as an early childhood teacher in Australia
- Completely Great work-life balance
- Room for growth as we expand
- Opportunities for leadership positions
- Brisbane Catholic Education is currently seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and dedicated Year 4 teacher to join our close-knit school community.
Job role or Tasks
- Ensure that the teachings and values of the Catholic Church form a foundation for learning and teaching,
- Create a nurturing and ordered learning environment which is learner-centred, supportive, cooperative and aligned with relevant curriculum policies, documents and practices,
- Collaboratively develop and implement quality curriculum programs and appropriate pedagogy,
- Proactively engage with professional renewal practices to enhance student outcomes, and
- Work with the leadership team, teachers and other staff members in contributing to the professional life of the school.
Most importantly, the salary will be high according to the work experience you have in the field. Also, your performance will act as an affecting factor to the salary.
- Strong literacy and numeracy practices plus a clear understanding of the Australian Curriculum,
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills,
- Proven organisational skills,
- An ability to work in partnership with colleagues, students and parents/carers,
- Attend in detail to innovative and creative practices,
- An ability to identify and cater for different learning styles,
- Competent at integrating digital technology into a contemporary learning environment, and
- As this position requires classroom teaching of Religious Education, applicants must be Catholic.
How a migration agent can help?
To conclude, the above-written article is an insight into the Early Childhood (pre-primary school) Teacher pathway to Australian migration. therefore, if you think that you are made for this teaching profession then yes, you have completed your research successfully. That is to say, this career option fits your match which will help you to relocate to Australia easily.
Moreover, our team of migration experts is always present to help you with our excellent services to make your migration journey convenient and without any obstacles. Therefore, contact us to book your appointment with our team (migration agent Sydney or migration agent Adelaide) for visa consultancy.
Read other related articles