Are you not getting enough of your skilled knowledge in the electric field? Well, we can help you get the correct amount of income through the electrician pathway to Australian migration. Hence, we can become the back support for all your requirements to go to Australia and help live your dream. Therefore, you can learn and understand various procedures and step to follow for having a visa for your dream job in Australia. In this article, as you move forward, everything is mentioned in brief. Know everything from getting a visa to the scope of the job. Thus, we can be the complete guide helping in the relocation of your job.
Demand for electricians in Australia
According to the data given by SEEK online job board, the demand for electricians has increased rapidly in Australia. It is also the least affected job comparing to the other technical jobs because of its non-routine and problem-solving aspect. Bank also said that the demand for an electrician won’t get degraded rather than it will increase more and more in the upcoming days.
The demand caused a rise in the overall increment in salary making the job more desirable. Kendra Banks, the managing director of SEEK said that due to the increment in the manufacturing, construction field, the need for an electrician has rapidly increased across the Australian states.
Due to the job vacancies, the electrician pathway to Australian migration has been the best way for many job seekers. The shortage of electricians across the Australian states hence proves the scope for a skilled electrician in Australia. You won’t struggle for finding a job if you know this field.
Thus, it makes more sense for you to get a job in an area where there is a need for your expertise. There is a shortage of electricians in Australia, as the job post on Indeed (another online job board in Australia) goes more than 35% vacant. The growth of industrialization, infrastructure, construction is mainly the reason for job vacancies in Australia.
There are Automation electrician, general and special class electrician occupations in Australia. Hence, Visa is made for these three-occupation lists.
ANZSCO code of electrician occupation
The electrician pathway to Australian migration is under various categories and sections. The ANZSCO (Australian and New Zeeland Standard Classifications of Occupations) provides code to each of the occupations. Also, it provides a skilled level, qualifications/experience required for the job.
There are in fact the three occupations with codes in the electric field. For Automotive Electrician, the code is 321111, for electrician (general) is 341111 and for electrician (special class) is 341112.
Assessing authority for electrician migration to Australia and fees
We (Australian Visa Lawyer migration consultancy) can help you get the required visa and other documentation. And hence, we can help you get onboarding with your desired occupation. The migration to Australia for the electrician field indeed is of a three-step process.
All three processes are by the specifically governing bodies VETASSESS and TRA. The electrician pathway to Australian migration starts with formal qualifications for migration. Followed by this, comes the standard Migration Skills Assessments (MSA) for electricians and you will need to become a licensed Australian electrician. After getting a license, the very last step is to get the EOI (expression of interest) and visa.
The eligibility for MSA
- You must have a relevant qualification related to the electric field.
- A prior experience in the field for several months or years as per the guidelines of MSA.
The charges for completing all the formalities for getting your visa and assessment
- Migration Skills Assessment (MSA) – AUD 1000
- Migration Skills Assessment (MSA) review – AUD 900
The above fees can change according to the situation and you can get the information for fee increment by TRA.
Available visa categories and subclasses for electricians:
For getting a visa, you must seek help from the firms available for providing a visa. In addition to that, they can help you find the right visa for your purpose and requirements. Therefore, you can always take help from them. The various visa categories available for automotive electrician, general electrician, and special class electricians are as follows:
- 186 – Employer Nomination Scheme visa
- 189 – Skilled Independent – Points-Tested
- 190 – Skilled Nominated
- 407 – Training visa
- 485 – Temporary Graduate – Graduate Work
- 489 – Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa- Family-sponsored
- 489 – Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa- State or Territory nominated
- 482 – Temporary Skill Shortage – Medium Term Stream
- 187 – Regional Sponsor Migration Scheme
- 494 – Skilled Employer-Sponsored Regional (provisional) – Employer-sponsored stream
- 491 – Skilled Work Regional (provisional) visa State or Territory nominated
- 491 – Skilled Work Regional (provisional) visa Family-Sponsored
Job role and task included as an electrician migrant
The electrician pathway to Australian migration is not enough for you. Before moving to Australia, you must know the role of your job to be fully prepared to settle in Australia.
The skills required for the job are under AQF Certificate 3 or 4 with two years (ANZSCO Skill Level 3) of experience of the job. And the roles of an automotive electrician are below.
Requirements for the electrician job
- Check the electrical malfunctions by using various test equipment. Test the defective parts of electrical objects and repairing them.
- Install and dismantle the electrical equipment from vehicles and any other objects.
- To gather information about the methods, examining the blueprints and specifications.
- Place and examine the position of switchboards and other electrical appliances.
Job availability and expected salaries for the electricians relocating to Australia
For the electrician pathway to Australian migration, you need to know the jobs available currently to get an idea about the availability of the job.
- Electrical Supervisor – CPC Labor Hire Pty Ltd (75 to 79.99 AUD per hour)
- Electricians – LNG Requirement Group (72 to 96 AUD per hour)
- Electrical Supervisors – Tasman Power (about 50 AUD per hour)
Hence, from the above information, you can get a rough idea of this if you want to settle in Australia. In addition, we can help you with other ways, from the first step to completely relocating you to Australia. So, make your dream a reality by allowing us to help you. The experts present in our firm are there to guide you at each step.
Read other related articles