Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186) Temporary Residence Transition stream is for skilled workers, who are nominated by their employers to live and work in Australia permanently.
Obligations for the applicant
To avail of this category of visa, there are certain requirements that you will need to fulfil. The lists are given below.
- Stay Duration– The stay duration under the Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186) Temporary Residence Transition stream is permanent.
- Visa Cost– The cost of this visa starts from AUD 4,045.
- Things you must/ need to have: To avail of this visa you must-
- Hold a subclass 457, TSS, or related Bridging visa A, B, or C
- Be nominated by an Australian employer whose nomination was approved in the 6 months before you apply
- Have worked for your employer for at least 3 years full time while holding a subclass 457 or Temporary Skilled Shortage visa
- Work for your nominating employer for at least 2 years
- Begin your employment within 6 months of:
- Entry to Australia, if granted the visa outside Australia
- The visa grant, if granted the visa in Australia
- Activities in Australia you can undertake: With this category of visa you can-
- Live in Australia permanently
- Become a permanent resident on the day your visa gets granted
- Work and study in Australia indefinitely
- Apply for Australian citizenship, if eligible
- Sponsor eligible family members to come to Australia
- Enroll in Australia’s public health care scheme
- Travel to and from Australia for five years from the date the visa is granted
FAQs of Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186) Temporary Residence Transition stream
- Is having relevant work experience essential to avail of this visa?
To apply for this visa you must have worked for your employer for at least 3 years full time while holding a subclass 457 or TSS visa.
If you held a subclass 457 visa on 18 April 2017, you must have worked full-time for at least 2 of the 3 years prior to nominating you for this visa, under your employer.
2. Do I have to have the minimum level of English language proficiency?
Yes, to have this visa you must meet the minimum level of English language proficiency.
There is no exemption to the English language requirement for this subcategory of visa from 16 November 2019.
3. What statement do I need to sign for this visa?
To avail of this subcategory of visa, you must sign an Australian Values Statement to confirm that you will respect the Australian way of life and obey Australian laws.