Employer Nomination Scheme visa (subclass 186) Direct Entry stream allows nominated skilled workers to live and work in Australia permanently.
Obligations for the applicant
To avail of this category of visa, there are certain requirements that you will need to fulfil. The lists are given below.
- Stay Duration– The stay duration under this visa is permanent.
- Visa Cost– The cost of Employer Nomination Scheme visa (subclass 186) Direct Entry stream starts from AUD 4,045.
- Things you must/ need to have: To avail of this visa you must-
- Be licensed, registered, or a member of a professional body
- Have at a minimum of 3 years relevant work experience, unless you are exempt
- Be engaged in an occupation listed in the eligible skilled occupations
- Obey all Australian laws
- Agree to begin your employment within 6 months if:
- Entry to Australia, if granted the visa outside Australia
- The visa grant, if granted the visa in Australia
- Have a positive skills assessment, unless you are exempt
- Activities in Australia you can undertake: With this category of visa you can-
- Stay in Australia permanently
- Work and study in Australia without any restrictions
- Apply for Australian citizenship, if eligible
- Sponsor eligible family members to come to Australia
- Enroll in Australia’s public health care scheme
- Travel to and from Australia for five years from the date the visa is granted
FAQs of Employer Nomination Scheme visa (subclass 186) Direct Entry stream
- Is it necessary to be nominated by an Australian employer for subclass 186?
Yes, to avail of this visa, you will need to be nominated by an Australian employer whose business is actively and lawfully operating. You must also apply for this visa within 6 months of the nomination being approved.
To find if your employer is eligible to nominate you, please visit Employing or sponsoring workers.
2. Do I have to have a skills assessment?
Yes, to avail of this visa you must have a positive skills assessment report. The report should show that you have the skills to work in the nominated position. To know more visit skills assessments.
3. What agreement do I need to sign to avail this visa?
To avail of this visa, you must sign the Australian values statement to confirm that you will respect the Australian way of life obey Australian laws. Please refer to the Australian Values Statement to know more.