A doctor is the last hope of people when their life is on edge. A general practitioner, who treats all the age groups of a family. If you think you are good in this field then the general practitioner pathway to Australian migration is the perfect fit for you. In the meanwhile, this article will tell you about the various ways through which you can migrate to Australia. It will give you information about the various visa options available to you. At the same time, you will get to know the various assessing authorities, ANZSCO code for the GP (general practitioner) that may essential for the Australian migration process.
Demand for a general practitioner in Australia
There has been a humongous amount of increment in the demand for a general practitioner. It comes under the MLTSSL list of skilled occupation list. Subsequently, the size of the population, income growth, and the incidence of health problems, all influence the demand for GP services in Australia.
Size of the population
Australia’s population is increasing at one of the highest rates of any developing nation on the planet. Fertility, net growth, and death rates are the main determinants of population development. Furthermore, Australia has one of the world’s fastest immigration rates. According to UN figures, net migration added 8 people per 1,000 inhabitants per year on average between 2010 and 2015. This is more than four times the average for developing countries. Therefore, the general practitioner pathway to Australian migration can give you the scope to work in Australia with a steady income.
Income growth and increase in the number of hospitality services like GP are directly proportional. With more income, more people will have a common family doctor. The statistic shows that Australia GDP is increasing day by day. Thus, the income on one person will also increase bringing scope for GP.
Increment in health problems
The rise in chronic diseases across the Australian state adds to the demand for a general practitioner. Cardiovascular disorder, stroke, chronic respiratory diseases, chronic musculoskeletal conditions, asthma, and mental health conditions are the most prevalent chronic conditions in Australia. There are a lot of people in Australia who have one of the above diseases.
So, planning to shift to Australia using the general practitioner pathway to Australian migration will be the best suitable and profitable step. It is not only because of the availability of enough jobs but also because it provides a very decent amount of salary.
ANZSCO code of General Practitioner (GP) occupation
Before migrating to Australia there should be various points you should always remember. The very important point is this code, it describes the roles and responsibilities you need to perform. The Australian government categorizes each work in different occupation lists for maintaining the balance. After that, these occupation lists have different codes assigning different roles and responsibilities.
The DIAC uses the above codes to keep a regular eye on the various visa categories and immigration taking place in the Australian state. The ANZSCO code for a general practitioner is 253111. This unit category includes occupations that include a bachelor’s degree or higher qualification, as well as at least one year of hospital-based study. Everything that you need to perform at the time of assessment will be of skill level 1. Thus, you should thoroughly go through this information to make your general practitioner pathway to Australian migration simpler.
Assessing authority for general practitioner migration to Australia and fees
These are the actual working bodies of the Australian government. Because they are the ones who take the skill assessment and clarifies the ability to work in Australia. If your application is not in accordance with these authorities, your application will not be accepted. Consequently, these bodies report to the ministry of home affairs of the Australian government.
Your dream can only become true once these bodies approve the application. Based on the rules of the Australian government, they make sure that all the documents are under the rules for migration. Your skill assessments are then deeply observed, thus making it a more important body while migrating to Australia.
Each occupation has different assessing authorities, and each authority requires distinct eligibility for the occupation. The MedBA is the assessing authority for general practitioner occupation. Hence, the general practitioner pathway to Australian migration can only become possible if your application is in accordance with this authority.
Eligibility for applying for general practitioner migration
Apart from the correct documentation, there are certain requirements that you need to perform before applying for migration. You need to provide detail proving you have no health issue; you should have no criminal background. At last, your proficiency in English should be up to the mark set for migration purpose by the Australian government.
- If you have any medical issue or disability does not make you unable to practice. Though, you need to provide details as to how you’re dealing with any disability. When you submit your paperwork, you must have all of the information about any impairments you have and how you’re treating them.
- If you have any criminal record; regardless of how much time has passed since the case was filed or a guilty verdict was reached, you must provide a full criminal report for your submission. Expunged convictions policy does not refer to criminal records transparency provisions under the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law. Your application could be postponed or denied if you do not have your full criminal records. Your National Board, on the other hand, will determine if your criminal record is important to your profession’s practice.
- National Boards establish English language proficiency standards to ensure that all licensed physicians can deliver safe care and communicate efficiently in English. As a result, you must follow the National Board’s registration requirement for English language skills.
Taking the above eligibility criteria into consideration, the general practitioner pathway to Australian migration will become easier.
Available visa categories and subclasses for the general practitioner
It is very important to select the visa according to your work preference and duration of time for shifting to Australia. So, it is always a wiser option to have an experienced visa firm to help you overcome this hurdle. The various visa options and subclasses available for general practitioners are:
- 186 – Employer Nomination Scheme visa report
- 189 – Skilled Independent – Points-Tested
- 190 – Skilled Nominated
- 407 – Training visa
- 485 – Temporary Graduate- Graduate Work
- 489 – Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa – Family-sponsored
- 489 – Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa – State or Territory nominated
- 482 – Temporary Skill Shortage – Medium Term Stream report
- 187 – Regional Sponsor Migration Scheme report
- 494 – Skilled Employer-Sponsored Regional (provisional) – Employer-sponsored stream report
- 491 – Skilled Work Regional (provisional) visa State or Territory nominated
- 491 – Skilled Work Regional (provisional) visa Family-Sponsored
Thus, these will become the general practitioner pathway to Australian migration. It is up to you as to which visa option suits you well and for this taking expert advice is always better.
Job role and task included as a general practitioner migrant
There is always a certain role that you need to perform while pursuing any kind of job. Likewise, the same goes for General practitioner in Australia. According to the Australian government, there are certain duties that you need to perform as a general practitioner. Below are the certain roles that you must perform as a general practitioner in the Australian states.
- Examining and interviewing people to assess the extent underlying their conditions and diseases, as well as keeping track of their health-related records.
- Ordering and evaluating medical scans, X-rays, and other diagnostic techniques to aid in diagnosis.
- Prescription and administration of procedures, medications, and other corrective steps, as well as general health care.
- Being a general practitioner, you should monitor patients’ progress and response. Accordingly, advice on food, exercise, and other habits that help in disease prevention and treatment is provided.
- Referring patients to specialist Medical Practitioners and sharing medical records with them.
Job availability and expected salaries for the general practitioner
The general practitioner pathway to Australian migration will become more meaningful when there will be a job available in Australia. Hence, here are some of the jobs and salaries that can give a slight hint about the average income you can make as a general practitioner.
- General Practitioner – Sigma Resourcing Pty Ltd.
The average salary for this post is AUD 200k$. Job location- Melbourne, Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs.
- General Practitioner – ChoiceOne
Job location- Perth and the average income is about AUD 150$ per hour.
- Medical Practitioner – International SOS
Job location- Brisbane QLD and expected salary AUD 100$ per hour.
At last, if you want a general practitioner pathway to Australian migration as a key to start a new life, you should satisfy all required procedures. It is the only hurdle for you while migrating to Australia. You can have numerous jobs as a general practitioner in Australia as there is a number of opportunities available. Furthermore, our customer services at Australian Visa Lawyer Registered Migration Agents doors are open for you day and night to help you at any point in time. Finally, just listen to your heart and act accordingly for moving to Australia taking general practitioner as a profession.