Estimated reading time: 9 minutes
The hospitality manager has the responsibility to tackle all services you get in hotels, restaurants, and any other hospitality area. And if you think you have the capability to handle these with great patience. Then, the hospitality manager pathway to Australian migration is a way to serve people at the same time earn money.
Thus, in this article, you will be getting information about each of the procedures taking place in the migration process which was written by a registered migration agent in Melbourne. Everything that you will need to know before shifting to Australia is available here. It includes everything from the code leading to roles and responsibilities to the assessing authority and visa options. Hence, this article is the complete guide for you and your journey as a hospitality manager in Australia.
Table of Contents
Demand for hospitality managers in Australia
The demand depends on one of the two possible factors. That is, whether there is high pay or the growth of the country. Well, in this case, both can be the reason for this job to be in demand. The payout of a highly knowledgeable hospitality manager is certainly the most. For knowing the importance of hospitality managers pathway to Australian migration, you should know their demand in Australia.
You can imagine the demand that this industry is likely to cross AUD 108 billion revenue by the year 2023. This is a big figure and shows the demand for such industries. Another interesting way to prove that this job is and will be in demand is the Australian dollar. Its value is likely to stay down, thus attracting more outsiders to invest in Australia. Therefore, bringing more scope for food, accommodation, and beverage sectors.
Figures also show that three years from 2020, there would be over 970,000 people working in the hospitality services. Thus, making it one of Australia’s largest employing industries. According to the Australian government, this sector comes under the STSOL list. The assessing authority for hotel manager migration to Australia is VETASSESS.
The growth brings the job security risk to the down level
The growth in hospitality services shows great opportunities for taking it as a profession. The wide arms of this industry provide you with various sector inside it. Thus, giving you more and more opportunities. In the end, providing more security on the job. Experts are saying that the demand will eventually increase more. Hence, it would be good for you to consider this field and earn a decent amount for future security.
The lifestyle, payout more than average wages, constant touch with the tourists and visitors makes this job in demand. Hence, the hospitality managers pathway to Australian migration would be a wiser step for you to move on.
ANZSCO code of hospitality managers occupation
The ANZSCO codes are for a variety of government authorities to gather and check occupational information. DIAC uses a variety of codes to assemble data on all visa and citizenship programs available in Australia. It describes many roles, as well as the tasks, positions, and skills you must possess to do them.
DIAC will use ANZSCO to know if an applicant meets the requirements for the hospitality managers pathway to Australian migration. Also, they’ll want to know if the person has a relevant degree in the field they’re applying for. DIAC will also like to check if the person nominating has the right documentation or experience that is in accordance with the MLTSSL list.
The ANZSCO code will tell you all the necessary things about migration. At last, the ANZSCO code for hospitality manager is 141999. There are various skill levels that you must have to process your migration application.
Skills you must have for hospitality managers are:
- AQF associate degree
- Advance diploma or just diploma (ANZSCO skill level 2)
- Rather than the formal qualifications, if you have three years of experience in the relevant job will also count.
Assessing authority for hospitality managers migration to Australia and fees
You need to give various skill assessments to a variety of skills assessing authorities. To elaborate, these tests are to see if the individual moving to Australia is capable of passing the quality test necessary to work. VETASSESS is the assessing authority for hospitality managers migration. Thus, the hospitality managers pathway to Australian migration is possible when this authority passes you.
The authority checks your capability and documents to work as a hospitality manager in the Australian states. Only if you pass this test, you will get permission to work in Australia. Qualification testing comprises establishing the educational level of your qualifications on the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF). It also verifies that you are well enough to match the criteria set for working.
Points to know before giving skill assessments:
- This profession requires a bachelor’s degree or higher in a field that is highly relevant to the occupation. Also, you should meet the educational requirement of an Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Bachelor or higher.
- In addition, in the past five years, candidates should have worked in an applicable post-qualification work for one year in any relevant field.
- You must have adequate documents proving appropriate fee payment, evidence of identification, qualification. Also, work claims ready to contribute to the web form while applying for Priority Processing.
After collecting all the documents according to the migration requirements. You need to submit it to the portal and for that, you must pay a certain amount. The amounts you need to pay are:
- The cost of a thorough skills evaluation for the online application is AUD 927$.
- The priority processing cost for an applicant applying online is AUD 600$.
Available visa categories and subclasses for hospitality managers
The hospitality managers pathway to Australian migration will be successful only if you act wisely. This means that you need to know the exact reason and tenure for which you are going to Australia. And according to that, plan your visa option. Taking help from various visa consultancy will lessen the chance of failure. With the correct guidance, you can have the perfect suitable visa for your purpose. Here is the list of visa options as a hospitality manager.
- 190 – Skilled Nominated
- 407 – Training visa
- 489 – Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa– State or Territory nominated
- 482 – Temporary Skill Shortage visa – Short Term Stream
- 187 – Regional Sponsor Migration Scheme
- 494 – Skilled Employer-Sponsored Regional (provisional) – Employer-sponsored stream
- 491 – Skilled Work Regional (provisional) visa State or Territory nominated
Job role and task included as a hospitality manager migrant
As you enter into any country, there are certain rules of every country you must follow. Hence, the same goes for Australia too. There are certain responsibilities that you must perform as a hospitality manager. The hospitality managers pathway to Australian migration would become much easier when you already know about everything you need to do. Also, you can match yourself to the requirements. You can see whether or not you have the ability to perform all the responsibility.
- Product mix, stock levels, and service standards are all factors you need to give more focus to.
- Creating and enforcing buying and marketing policies, as well as pricing.
- Promoting and publicizing the goods and services establishment.
- To sell goods and services to customers. At the same time advise them on how to use the product.
- Keeping track of stock levels and financial activities, as well as budgeting for the business.
- Managing the hiring, training, and monitoring of employees.
- Assuring attention to workplace health and safety laws.
Hence, by performing the above duties, you make yourself applicable for migrating to Australia. It is the place where you can earn more than what you expect from other places.
Job availability and expected salaries for hospitality managers
From the above demand section, it is clear that there are varieties of jobs available. And to support this, here are some of the jobs with salaries. This will show you that the payout is quite considerable for you. Also, the hospitality manager’s pathway to Australian migration will be the right choice for you.
This job is available at Monkey Mania in Sydney. This company is Australia’s leading children’s play center in the indoor field.
The ideal candidate must have:
- 2 years of minimum experience in management.
- Should have the ability to select, train, direct and guide a team comprising of 20 staff.
- Should be excellent while dealing with customers.
- The communication and verbal skills should be up to mark.
- Should always maintain themselves and should also be able to handle the work pressure.
They are paying around AUD 60,000$ to AUD 80,000$ per year.
Accommodation and Hospitality Manager:
Kapani Warrior Pty Ltd. Providing this job in Cairns & Far North.
The responsibility to need to take care of while working for Kapani Warrior are:
- The Kapani accommodation centre project intends to build a facility that will provide alternative housing for ten to twenty indigenous men and women from the Aurukun community, keeping them out of any custodial sentencing options. This facility would be under the management of the manager.
- The manager should be in charge of all the management and compliance of the resident. Should have keen knowledge and ability to act wisely in situations.
- You should have experience in relevant fields like food and catering services, camp residents care. And many more.
They are currently providing somewhere around AUD 70,000$ to AUD 74,999$ a year.
Hospitality General Manager – Work In a rewarding Team
My Joblist has an opening for Melbourne (Northern Suburbs).
The role you will have to perform are:
- Guide your team members and train new staffs for ensuring quality work.
- You should be able to deliver great customer service.
- Should deliver good foods following the guidelines.
- You need to take care of the smooth functionality.
The type of people they are looking for are:
- You should be always energetic and ready for handling any hurdles.
- Should be able to handle people with great leading skills.
- 3 years or more experience in hospitality services.
They are providing AUD 60,000$ to AUD 69.999$ per year.
Hence, you can have the idea from the above details that the hospitality manager pathway to Australian migration has a lot of scopes. Scopes that help you earn more money, at the same time work in a developing country. We are also there to guide you at every step of the migration and ensure to help you clearing the tests. Our team of experts at Australian Visa Lawyers is there to help throughout the day and night.
Read other related articles