Estimated reading time: 9 minutes
Are you aware of metal components of various structures like pipelines, bridges, power plants, buildings, refineries, automobiles, or ships? Do you have experience or qualified skills in handling metal like joining, fixing, repairing, etc.?
If yes, then you can become a perfect candidate to apply for Metal Fabricator to relocate to Australia. Moreover, the best way to pursue your career further successfully is by choosing the Metal Fabricator pathway to Australian migration.
That is to say, this profession has numerous benefits like no college degree required, no gender discrimination, inconsiderable age factor, good salary and enormous job opportunities. Therefore, if you have the desired abilities of a Metal Fabricator, go through this article once and get aware of everything for your Australian migration.
Table of Contents
Demand for Metal Fabricator in Australia
Do you know that the job demand for a Metal Fabricator has increased recently in Australia? If not, then you must know that this job vacancy is a golden opportunity for the applicants who want to migrate to Australia as a Metal Fabricator.
Moreover, at present, the best way to relocate to Australia is the Metal Fabricator pathway to Australian migration. In other words, due to the high job demand, it becomes easy to get a visa for relocating to Australia as their community needs someone to fix their problems of metal parts.
So, if you are planning to migrate to Australia, our team of experts will help you to learn about the Australian migration as a Metal Fabricator. Most importantly, if you have the ability and amazing skills in the sector, you may stand a higher chance for selection.
Metal Fabricator categorizes under the Skilled Occupation List which is active at present. Furthermore, The Australian government has kept this profession under the Medium & Long-Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL). So, if you are capable of becoming a Metal Fabricator with phenomenal skills, then you can become a perfect nominee to apply.
However, you can apply under the visa subclass of 186, 189, 190, 407, 485, 489, 482, 187, 494, and 491 for Metal Fabricator.
ANZSCO code of Metal Fabricator occupation
Being a Metal Fabricator, you may be asked to cut, shape, join and repair metal components of iron and steel structures, boilers, pressure vessels and pipes, ships, and other vessels. Therefore, if you are capable enough to do these tasks without any fail, then, you may choose the Metal Fabricator pathway to Australian migration.
Most importantly, you will get a good salary which will make your life pretty easy in Australia. That is to say, relocating to Australia will help you in living happily and healthy.
The ANZSCO code for Metal Fabricator occupation is 322311 METAL FABRICATOR.
Assessing Authority for Metal Fabricator migration to Australia and fees
The skill assessment for a Metal Fabricator is done by the assessing authority named TRA (Trades Recognition Australia). In addition, it is behind the skill assessment test for people who wish to migrate to Australia for trading and craftsmanship. Also, this assessing authority undertakes skill assessments for Metal Fabricators along with assisting for migration and skills recognition purposes.
In this way, it serves the country by helping it to maintain prosperity and continuous economic growth. Therefore, you can go for the Metal Fabricator pathway to Australian migration easily.
Remember, to make yourself eligible for the MRA test, you must cover the following requirements:
- have the required amount of employment experience in your occupation
- have a qualification directly related to your nominated occupation
Also, for your knowledge, you must know that TRA charges some amount to provide you with the skill assessment service. That is to say, the applicants who want to get their skill assessment test for Australian migration will have to pay the fees charged by TRA. Therefore, to give you clarity on the fee schedule, the charges are mentioned below.
- Migration Skills Assessment (MSA) – $1000
- Migration Skills Assessment (MSA) – Review – $900
Most importantly, the fee structures mentioned above can change anytime. To clarify, TRA, the assessing authority will give reasonable notice of any proposed fee increases. Also, the notices regarding the same will be mentioned on the assessing authority website.
Available visa categories and subclasses for Metal Fabricator
As immigration is not a simple process, you must be very careful while applying for a visa. Therefore, it is advisable to seek help from a renowned firm who can guide you properly about every step.
In other words, we will provide you best advice and guidance as we have the best team of experts. Moreover, an experienced migrant agent will be assigned to you who will look after the whole process so that your visa gets confirmed.
Therefore, if you want to continue with the Metal Fabricator pathway to Australian migration then you may choose the visa type which is ideal for you. Below are the mentioned some visa subclasses for Metal Fabricator for Australian migration.
Visa subclasses for metal fabricator pathway to Australia migration
- 186 – permanent visa for skilled foreign workers
- 187 – regional sponsor visa for skilled foreign workers
- 189 – skilled Independent visa which for applicants who wish to live and work anywhere in Australia.
- 190 – state-sponsored visa through which applicants can live and work in Australia for an indefinite period.
- 489 – a skilled regional provisional visa that is a pathway to Australian permanent residency and is valid for four years.
- 407 – training visa
- 485 – atemporary graduate visa that allows the applicant to do graduate work
- 491 – skilled regional provisional visa for state or territory nominated and family-sponsored
- 489 – skilled regional provisional visa for state or territory nominated
- 482 – skilled employer-sponsored regional provisional for employer-sponsored team
Most importantly, you must know that out of all the subclasses mentioned above, subclass 189, 190, and 489 are considered point-based skilled migration visas which means in the Australia Immigration point test you have to score a minimum of 60 points. Therefore, to qualify as an applicant for the nominated occupation you have to score well.
In other words, the points are based on various factors like Educational Qualification, Age, Work Experience, Relevant Skills, Language requirements, and others.
Job role and task included as a Metal Fabricator migrant
Being a Metal Fabricator, it is your prior responsibility to do various tasks such as to cut, shape, join and repair metal components of iron and steel structures, boilers, pressure vessels and pipes, ships and other vessels.
However, if you choose the Metal Fabricator pathway to Australian migration, then be ready to perform the following tasks depending on what your company will ask you to do.
- selecting, cleaning and preparing metal stock
- studying blueprints, drawings and specifications to determine job requirements
- aligning parts to be joined using hand tools and measuring instruments
- shaping and bending metal sections and pipes using hand and machine tools, and by heating and hammering
- joining metal sections using various welding techniques, bolting and riveting
- cutting marked-out metal sections and shapes using hand tools, flame-cutting torches and metal cutting machines
- finishing products by cleaning, polishing, filing and bathing in acidic solutions
- examining welds for a width of bead, penetration and precision
Above all, the specializations may include Boilermaker-Welder, Brass Finisher, Metal Fabricator-Welder, Metal Template Maker and Structural Steel Trades Worker.
Job availability and expected salaries
Are you aware of the increasing job demand for a Metal Fabricator in Australia? If not, then you must know that you can get employed in Australia as a Metal Fabricator with a high stipend.
Also, if you have excellent skills in marking off and fabricating structural steel along with other metal stock, you can become a perfect applicant to get nominated for the occupation. In addition, you will get a lot of opportunities with flexibility in the job.
That is to say, the profession might prove a boon for those who want to go with the Metal Fabricators pathway to Australian migration. Moreover, by becoming a fabricator, you will be able to serve the local community of Australia.
So, if you seek interest in the above-mentioned job category then be prepared to work to earn good money. Also, you will have complete freedom to choose from the vast number of options.
Examples of job opportunities as a Metal Fabricator
- Spillane Fabrications are seeking an experienced Welder / Sheet Metal Fabricator for their business. They need a full-time permanent worker. The job is offered with a handsome amount of $30 – $34.99 per hour.
Qualifications & Skills
- At least 2 years post trade experience
- Must have experience in CNC Press brakes
- Experience with Mild steel, Stainless and Aluminium, Industrial Machinery, welding, oxy cutting, commercial kitchen and bench work.
- Able to work in a team environment
- Be available for an immediate start
- Have own reliable transport and tools
- Welding and fabrication of various works
- Aluminum, Stainless and Mild steel welding – Mig and Tig.
- Interpret drawings and specifications
- Polishes, files, sands, TIG Brush or cleans assembled products.
- Sheet metal manufacturing experience
- The ability to proficiently operate brake press & guillotine
- Able to read and understand engineering drawings
- Show attention to detail and ability to work unsupervised
- Be able to work in a fast-paced environment, keeping a high standard of work while adhering to strict deadlines
- Current drivers license
- The Metal Shed requires the services of a Sheetmetal Fabricator/Welder. He must have the will to work for the company with pure dedication. Also, it is his responsibility to work excellently without any fail as the company’s position has to be maintained.
- Experience with TIG/MIG welding
- Bending press and guillotine experience would be beneficial
- Must be able to read drawings to manufacture
- Attention to detail required
- Capable of working without supervision
- Permanent position for the right person.
Most importantly, the salary will be $25 – $29.99 per hour. Furthermore, the job is permanent with full-time working hours.
Contact an Australian Visa Lawyer
To sum up, the article written above shows the Metal Fabricator pathway to Australian migration. However, the main objective of writing the article was to give the reader an insight into the whole process behind Australian migration as a Metal Fabricator.
Moreover, it may sound easy but in actual immigration is not that simple. That is to say, you must seek the help of an experienced firm to provide yourself best guidance. Therefore, we (Immigration agent Sydney and Immigration agent Melbourne) are present here to give you advice on everything. However, our team of experts will make it convenient for you. You just need to book an appointment for your visa consultancy or for checking your eligibility.
Read other related articles