Estimated reading time: 5 minutes
Migrating to a new country can be on your bucket list for various reasons. You may have a new job to join, a course to study, or reunite with your loved ones. However, the actual immigration process to a new country may not be as easy as it seems. The process is not easy doesn’t mean it is tough but involves multiple steps to follow. So, if you are planning to migrate to Australia from Sri Lanka, this blog is for you which was written by a registered migration agent Sydney. We have done some serious digging for you and present to you the essentialities to be taken care of at the time of applying for an Australian visa.
So, let’s delve deeper into the matter.
Gather all document
Australia has one of the most advanced migration systems, and programs that attract many legitimate migrants. There are several pathways through which migrants from Sri Lanka can apply for an Australian visa.
So, before you apply for your visa, we suggest you check your eligibility criteria and proceed with the documentation. The visa processing time often depends on the Migration Program. So, remember submitting incomplete or wrong documents can lead to a delay in visa approval or even its cancellation. Hence, we suggest you please check the list of documents we have mentioned here for reference:
- A valid passport
- Copy of minimum score in English language proficiency test
- Document proving required minimum age (according to the visa you are applying for)
- The documents related to the work skills and academic qualifications
- Work experience letters
- Points (if you are seeking to claim additional points)
- Documents of nomination and sponsorship (if required by your visa stream)
- A medical certificate, if required
Consult an Australian visa immigration agent
If you are a first-time visa applicant, the whole process of documentation may seem overwhelming. Also, you may not be aware of the obligations for the visa stream you are seeking to avail. Hence, we always suggest you consult a registered Australian visa immigration agent.
You can contact Australia Visa Lawyer, as they offer the full spectrum of migration and immigration services to guide their clients in the best possible way. Whether you are looking to apply for an Employer-Sponsored Visa, Skilled Visa, partner visa or Business Visa, among others, their professional experts are there to help you through your documentations.
Check a related pathway to migrate to Australia
As we have mentioned in the above-mentioned sections, there are multiple occupational pathways to migrate to Australia. We suggest you check your eligibility and preference before choosing the right pathway for yourself and your family members. The pathways range from the skilled worker pathway, religious worker pathway, business pathway, and so on.
You can find detailed information regarding different Australian visa pathways from the website of Australia Visa Lawyer. Visit their blog sections to get details about the visa pathway you are preferring to choose.
Conduct a skill assessment before migrate Australia from Sri Lanka
In order to avail of an Australian visa, from Sri Lanka, you may require to undertake a skills assessment test. After undertaking the test, you must submit a copy of its score to the Department. Skills assessments are mainly required to avail the workers’ subclass of visas from Sri Lanka. The relevant skills assessing authorities release these assessments to checks if your skills meet the standards they set to work in a relevant occupation.
You might need a skills assessment if you apply for the following visas and streams:
- Employer-sponsored visa
- General skilled migration visas (GSM)
- Temporary skill shortage visa (TISS)
- Temporary graduate visa
In order to gain a skills assessment, you would need to:
- Contact the assessment authority (like AACA, AASW, ACS, and so on)
- Receive your assessment
Select your visa option/subclass for Australian migration
There are multiple visa subclasses available to choose from to migrate from Sri Lanka to Australia. You can select the subclass that suits your needs and eligibilities. We would suggest you go through your immigration needs and consult a professional migration agent to choose the most suitable visa option/ subclass.
However, if you are feeling overwhelmed, you can visit the website of Australian Visa Lawyer. There you can find blogs on different Visa subclasses for Australian migration. They have provided a detailed list of the different Australian visa subclasses along with their obligations and eligibilities.
That being said, if your situation changes like you get a divorce, you get married or you have a child, you should inform Australian High Commission in Colombo immediately. If you have lodged your application online, you can appoint or withdraw an authorised recipient, change your contact details, update your passport details or notify a change in your circumstances via ImmiAccount.
Having said everything, what we would like to conclude this blog with are a summary of the steps that you should take to immigrate from Sri Lanka to Australia. You should:
- Get finances ready: Keep the finance ready in your hand, which can include the visa charges, etc. You can organise them in the form of a bank draft from a Sri Lankan bank.
- Apply: elect the appropriate visa subclass, which suits your purpose to travel to Australia. Then, download the relevant application form from the Department of Home Affairs website. Submit the filled application form along with other necessary documents online. But if you want to file paper application documents, you should hand them over at the AVAC or delivered them to the Australian High Commission in Colombo with the file reference written on each page.
- Wait for an answer: While waiting for a reply for your visa application, you can track your application status using your ImmiAccount.
Read other related articles