Estimated reading time: 8 minutes
Are you skilled in inspecting, diagnosing, and repairing various types of engines? If yes, then you can pursue Motor Mechanics as a career. In addition, this role is well suited for people who enjoy troubleshooting and solving complex problems.
In addition, if you also dream of moving to Australia along with working for a job of your interest then it will be a cherry on the cake. This means you have a very high probability of migrating to Australia through the Motor Mechanic pathway to Australian migration.
Furthermore, the following article will help you to do so by guiding you about the ways through which you can migrate to Australia as a Motor Mechanic.
Demand for Motor Mechanic in Australia
Do you know that you can migrate to Australia as a Motor Mechanic? If not, then you should know there are a lot of job opportunities present for a Motor Mechanic. The job is in demand, which makes it easier for the applicants to relocate to Australia. Above all, the reason behind the immigration convenience is the job demand. Due to the increase in demand, the chances of getting hired are more.
Therefore, you can choose the Motor Mechanics pathway to Australian migration stress-free. In other words, we will guide you best about the same, so that, you don’t have to worry about it.
Moreover, if you have the required ability and incredible skills in the sector, then you may stand a higher chance over others. Remember, the job vacancy fills in no time. There is quite a tough competition, as there are so many applicants who wish to settle in Australia.
Occupational list of a motor mechanic
Motor Mechanics is categorized under the Skilled Occupation List. In other words, The Australian government considers this profession as a Medium & Long-Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) profession. So, if you are capable of becoming a Motor Mechanic, you must acquire phenomenal skills in this sector to become a perfect nominee.
For Motor Mechanic, you can apply under the visa subclass of 186, 189, 190, 407, 485, 489, 482, 187, 494, and 491.
ANZSCO code of Registered Motor Mechanic occupation
If you are capable enough to perform various tasks of a Motor Mechanic in one go, then, you may choose the Motor Mechanic pathway to Australian migration. By this, we incline that you will have to look after repairing, maintaining, and testing motor vehicles. Also, you will be responsible to handle other internal combustion engines and related mechanical components.
Moreover, you cannot deny the pay-out you will get because it will be worth living there.
The ANZSCO code for Motor Mechanics occupation is mentioned below.
321211 MOTOR MECHANIC (GENERAL)
Most importantly, there are a few specializations that include:
- Automatic Transmission Mechanic,
- Automotive Airconditioning Mechanic,
- Brake Mechanic,
- Ground Support Equipment Fitter (Air Force),
- Roadside Mechanic,
- Vehicle Mechanic (Army)
Assessing Authority for Motor Mechanic migration to Australia and fees
The skill assessing authority for people who wish to take the Motor Mechanic pathway to Australian migration is TRA (Trades Recognition Australia). It assesses the people with trade skills gained overseas or in Australia for migration. In addition, it provides an assist for migration and skills recognition purposes.
Also, it undertakes skill assessments of the migrants. In this way, it helps to ensure continued growth in the economy of the country. In other words, it enables the country to best position itself for continued prosperity.
Remember, if you want to get eligible for applying for MSA (Migration Skills Assessment), then you must:
- have a qualification directly related to your nominated occupation
- have the required amount of employment experience in your occupation
TRA (Trades Recognition Australia) charges fees for the migration skill assessment test. That is to say, the applicants who are in the surge to use the services provided by the assessing authority will have to pay a minimum amount.
Therefore, to give you clarity on the fee structure, it is mentioned below.
- Migration Skills Assessment (MSA) – $1000
- Migration Skills Assessment (MSA) – Review – $900
Most importantly, fee schedules are subject to change anytime with reasonable notice if any proposed fee increases on the TRA website.
Available visa categories and subclasses for Motor Mechanic
A trusted and reputed firm’s help will prove to be good for you as you will have the assurance of getting a visa. Hence, they will not only provide you with the best guidance and advice but will make your migration process convenient.
In this way, you can easily go for the Motor Mechanics pathway to Australian migration. Our team of experts will assign a migration agent who will look after your Australian migration process.
Now, according to your requirements, you can choose the desired visa. As a Motor Mechanic, you can choose visa type from any of the following visa subclass options for Australian migration.
Visa subclasses for motor mechanics
- 186 – permanent visa for skilled foreign workers
- 187 – regional sponsor visa for skilled foreign workers
- 189 – skilled independent visa for applicants who wish to live and work anywhere in Australia.
- 190 – state-sponsored visa through which applicants can live and work in Australia for an indefinite period.
- 489 – a skilled regional provisional visa that is a pathway to Australian permanent residency and is valid for four years.
- 407 – training visa
- 485 – a temporary graduate visa that allows the applicant to do graduate work
- 491 – skilled regional provisional visa for state or territory nominated and family-sponsored
- 489 – skilled regional provisional visa for state or territory nominated
- 482 – skilled employer-sponsored regional provisional for employer-sponsored team
Above all mentioned visa subclass types, subclass 190, 189, and 489 are point-based skilled migration visas. This means you will have to perform well in those to score out a minimum of 60 points in the Australia Immigration point.
In other words, to qualify as a nominee for the occupation you have to pass the test. To clarify, the points are based on the factors like Educational Qualification, Age, Work Experience, Language requirements, Relevant Skills, and others.
Job role and task included as a Motor Mechanic migrant to Australia
When you choose the Motor Mechanics pathway to Australian migration then you must prepare yourself for the upcoming workload. Further, you may need to perform the tasks which are included in the below-mentioned list.
- detecting and diagnosing mechanical and electrical faults in engines and parts
- repairing and replacing worn and defective parts and reassembling mechanical components, and referring to service manuals as needed
- dismantling and removing engine assemblies, transmissions, steering mechanisms, and other components, and checking parts
- reassembling engines and parts after being repaired
- diagnosing and testing parts with the assistance of computers
- may respond to vehicle breakdown service calls
Most importantly, the specializations may include Automatic Transmission Mechanic, Automotive Airconditioning Mechanic, Brake Mechanic, Ground Support Equipment Fitter (Air Force), Roadside Mechanic, Vehicle Mechanic (Army)
Job availability and expected salaries
There are plenty of job opportunities for the ideal Motor Mechanics in Australia with great salaries. Moreover, you can choose from the various options according to your needs and requirements.
For instance, if you want working hours or days flexibility, then you can go for the casual/temporary ones. Whereas if you want to become a permanent member of a company, then look for a full-time permanent job. However, the pay-out of a permanent job with full working hours is always more than the casual one.
The people who are willing to take a chance to relocate to Australia can look forward to the Motor Mechanics pathway to Australian migration.
Here are some examples of job opportunities that you can go through once to have a better understanding
- Foxman Auto services require a mechanic to carry out service and repair to all makes of vehicles in a clean environment. Further, the task should be performed using quality equipment with a great team of tradesmen by your side. Most importantly, the salary will be $65,000 – $79,999 per year.
Skills & Experience:-
- Must be experienced
- Have quality tools
- Good knowledge
- Capable to diagnose all makes
- Be able to work on weekends also
- Be a team player
- Their bonus system is set to an achievable level
- They have the occasional night out with the staff just for no reason
- Their Christmas parties are a weekend away with our families
- If you want to be part of this family come work for them
- Midas Taren point is seeking to employ an experienced, enthusiastic, and self-motivated motor mechanic.
- the ability to service,
- diagnose and
- repair all models of passenger vehicles,
- must be reliable,
- well-spoken and
- be able to work in a team environment
Most importantly, the salary will be $55,000 – $69,999 per year. Moreover, it is a full-time job with 5 working days a week. That is to say, continuous hours from Monday to Friday.
How can we (Australian Visa Lawyer) help you?
To sum up, the article written above is a way to spread awareness about the Motor Mechanic pathway to Australian migration. To clarify, this will help the reader to pay attention to the opportunities in Australia for a Motor Mechanic.
Therefore, if you think the Motor Mechanics profession fits your needs and requirements, then choose it.
In this way, you will become a skilled overseas worker which will add a sparkling point to your portfolio. Moreover, we offer a team of experts (migration agent Adelaide, Migration agent Perth, and immigration agent Melbourne) that you will need in this journey of immigration. In addition, we will help you in consultancy and guide you excellently throughout the whole migration proves.
It is our keen motive to make Australian migration convenient for you. So, book your appointment with us on the contact details and allow us to serve you.