Estimated reading time: 9 minutes
The panel beaters are those who do dent and painting of a car. They bring a car back to the original state as it was before the accident. So, if you think you have this knowledge and capability, then you have many doors open for you. The panel beaters pathway to Australian migration is one such way. You can earn as well as explore the beautiful states of Australia.
Further, this article written by one of our registered migration agents in Brisbane will tell you the benefit of migrating to Australia. Alongside benefits, you will get to know about the process included in the migration. It also incorporates skill assessment tests with your roles and responsibilities. You will get to know all the necessary things from this article.
Demand for panel beaters in Australia
According to the job Outlook, in Australia, around 89% of the panel beaters work as a full-timer. The availability of the people as panel beaters are so low. Because many hiring companies face difficulty in filling the position. Thus, this shows that the panel beaters are in demand. So, you should go with the panel beaters pathway to Australian migration.
This job is in the Medium- and Long-term Skills Shortage list of the Australian government. There is a shortage of panel beaters who are very experienced in their field. Thus, if you have the skills for this role then you can earn a very good salary in Australia. Various sources also tell that there are about 16,100 jobs for panel beaters from the year 2018 to 2023. Or there are 8000 openings in the 5 years, 1600 openings every year.
Hence, this data again proves that there is a shortage of panel beaters. Not only the jobs availability, but the salary is also very good in Australia. Australia is developing at a fast pace thus bringing more development in various sectors. Automobiles are among those who have more growth than most of the others. Thus, some panel beaters mostly work at small-scale shops for car rearing, which brings more opportunities.
The usage of cars has increased over the years in Australia. Therefore, more car usage brings more chances of repairing them. Thus, all these factors increase the need for panel beaters even more. And, the panel beaters pathway to Australian migration can help you work there.
ANZSCO code of panel beaters occupation
You must follow specific rules and regulations in order to work in Australia. There are multiple employment listings for various jobs in the Australian states to ensure smooth functioning. The Australian and New Zealand Standards Organization (ANZSCO) is a government organization. It is responsible to assign various codes to each occupation category.
ANZSCO is a mathematical classification system for integrating and arranging data about people and enterprises. The level of expertise and specialization that is necessary to fulfil the responsibilities of a certain profession. You can find all of this information regarding each employment in the ANZSCO code. This code has all you need to know about the responsibilities and skills of panel beaters.
For successfully processing the panel beaters pathway to Australian migration, you must be aware of each of the details relating to this profession. You should have the capability to pass the test and show you skills that are perfectly suitable for panel beaters.
The ANZSCO code for panel beaters is 324111. The necessary skills are:
- 2 years of job training with AQF Certificate III.
- Or, AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
- For the substitute for qualifications, if you have 3 years of relevant experience; then you are eligible for the assessment.
Assessing authority for panel beater migration to Australia and fees
The assessing authority is responsible for taking your assessment. They are part of the ministry of home affairs of the Australian government. They are responsible to provide every detail about the visa and occupation migration taking place in the states.
They’ll determine whether you’re ready to work in Australia. They go over all of the records, paperwork, and work experience before making a decision. Panel beaters pathway to Australian migration will be successful once authority determines that you are well enough to work in Australia. They also check whether you have all of the necessary documents. As a result, you should always be aware of the requirements for passing the skill assessment test.
TRA is the authority that will assess your wall and floor tile needs. Because TRA is part of the Australian government’s home ministry, it has access to all information on your visa and job status in the country. As a result, these evaluating agencies are solely responsible for the panel beater pathway to Australian migration.
The MSA (migration skills assessment) is for those who need to submit a skills assessment to an Australian government’s home affairs department. These are the skills you’ll need to get a job and deal with the responsibilities that come with it.
The points to focus on before giving migration skills assessment
According to these assessing authorities, you need to have certain qualifications for MSA. Panel beaters pathway to Australian migration is one step away as this is the last step. This is the crucial stage where your dream of working in Australia will become true.
- Your eligibility and deserving of working as a panel beater in Australia should only become reality when evaluating authority TRA finds you eligible.
- Within the span of the last 10 years, you must have had a full-time or part-time job in the appropriate sector for at least 2 years.
Once you have everything, now it is time for the payment. The fee you need to submit to TRA are:
- Migration Points Advice – AUD 600$
- Migration Points Advice (review) – AUD 300$
Available visa categories and subclasses for panel beaters
There are various visa categories and subclasses that you must know. To process the migration perfectly, you need to know your requirements for the visa. Once you know the span of your stay in Australia; panel beaters pathway to Australian migration becomes easy. Because that way, you get to choose the right visa suiting your need. Though, it is always better to have expert advice to decrease the chances of error. The various categories you must look for are:
- 186 – Employer Nomination Scheme visa
- 189 – Skilled Independent – Points-Tested
- 190 – Skilled Nominated
- 407 – Training visa
- 485 – Temporary Graduate visa – Graduate Work
- 489 – Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa– Family-sponsored
- 489 – Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa– State or Territory nominated
- 482 – Temporary Skill Shortage – Medium Term Stream
- 187 – Regional Sponsor Migration Scheme
- 494 – Skilled Employer-Sponsored Regional (provisional) – Employer-sponsored stream
- 491 – Skilled Work Regional (provisional) visa State or Territory nominated
- 491 – Skilled Work Regional (provisional) visa Family-Sponsored
Having the knowledge of these visa category will help you in your stay. And if you stay in the developing country with good salary package, you will get more benefit.
Job role and task included as panel beater migrant
According to the Australian government, everyone, whether a citizen or a worker in one of the country’s states, has specific responsibilities as a citizen of the country. As a result, the ANZSCO code contains the duties that a panel beater must do.
Being a responsible worker brings you a lot of opportunities. Likewise, panel beaters pathway to Australian migration is dependent on the following responsibilities:
- Should be able to remove the parts that are not in good condition.
- Remove dents by hammering the panel.
- Using mechanical and hydraulic equipment, straightening automobiles and parts that aren’t in excellent shape.
- Using fresh panels or old panels to replace the part.
- Filing, grinding, and filling depressions with plastic filler.
- Should spray-paint the vehicles.
Job availability and expected salaries
There are a lot of jobs available in Australia. And panel beaters pathway to Australian migration is only worth it when there is lots of scope for you. Below are certain jobs available that can give such assurance. By having a look at them, you can understand the payout and the job’s location.
Job by Lakecity Smash Repairs in Port Macquarie & Mid North Coast.
You should have 3 years plus experience to work in this firm. Also, you should be able to handle each role of the panel beater easily. You should know all the jobs commuting to this role. At the time of applying, you should have certain question answers.
- Should mention your experience.
- Do you have an Australian driven license?
- Do you have the qualification in Automotive body repair tech?
The payout of this post is around AUD 55,000$ to AUD 64,999$.
Followmont Transport has an opening in Brisbane (CBD & Inner Suburbs).
The job is about:
- Monday to Friday working with flexible time according to you. Overtime working is also there.
- Should repair and refurbish a variety of cars and trailers.
- Should complete the coating and painting of the cars.
They are looking for:
- 2 years of experience in this field.
- Should be able to focus on minute details.
- Should have Certificate 3 in Automotive Body Repair Technology or relevant to it.
They are paying AUD 35$ to AUD 50$ per hour.
Panel Beater RPM Para Hills:
Private Advertiser proposing this position in Adelaide.
Your responsibilities are:
- Verify that the items you got are proper and free of faults.
- Assemble the vehicle according to the Job Sheet.
- You should label and store the parts carefully.
- Make a list of any damaged components or additional repairs and send it to the Estimator as soon as possible.
- Check that the new component is in good working order.
- Repair the car according to the Repair Method, OEM requirements, and the Estimate and Job Sheet.
- Put the automobile back together.
- Handle all vehicles with caution and care. And many more.
The salary here is about AUD 60,000$ per year.
Thus, the above jobs, roles, and other points are well enough to guide you on the correct path. The panel beaters pathway to Australian migration should be a life-changing decision for you. And to support you, we (Australian Visa Lawyers) are available every time. Following the above details and specifications would lead you to the path of success. In the end, you should not waste your talent if you have the chance to earn more. Apply for the migration, shift to Australia and live your dream.
Read other related articles