The Permanent Residence (skilled regional) visa (subclass 191) will start from November 2020.
This visa is for people who lived, worked, and studied in a designated regional area in Australia on a previous eligible visa. It allows people who hold a Regional Provisional Visa Skill Work Regional- Subclass 491 or Skilled Employer-Sponsored Regional 494 pathway to PR.
Obligations for the applicant
To avail of this category of visa, there are certain requirements that you will need to fulfil. The lists are given below.
- Stay Duration– The stay duration under this subclass of visa is permanent.
- Visa Cost – The cost of this subclass of VISA will be announced closer to the commencement date of its.
- Things you must/ need to have: To avail of this visa you must-
- Have held the subclass 491 visa or 494 visa for at least three years
- I have lived for at least three years in a designated regional area
- Have earned the minimum income for at least three years as a holder of a regional provisional visa
- Have complied with the conditions of the regional provisional visa, which includes working in a regional area
- Activities in Australia you can undertake: With this category of visa you can-
- Stay permanently in Australia
- Study anywhere in Australia without any restrictions
- Sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence
- Apply for permanent citizenship, if eligible
FAQs of Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) visa (subclass 191)
- Can I include my family members in my visa application?
Yes, you can include family members on the 191 visa if they hold an eligible visa. You can include each family member with an eligible visa at the time you submit your application. No family members can be added after you have submitted your application.
2. Is the 191 visa permanent residency?
Yes, the 191 visa lets you stay in Australia indefinitely.
You can travel to and from Australia within the first five years after the date of visa grant. After that date, you must apply for a Resident Return visa.
3. What visa do I have to be on to apply for a Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) visa (Subclass 191)?
You must hold 491 skilled work regional visa for 494 skilled employees sponsored regional visa to apply for this subclass of visa.