Estimated reading time: 9 minutes
Are you trained in managing, repairing, and designing the plumbing systems of the building? Can you master the trade and craft of fixing water systems, etc.? Well, if it is so, then you can pursue your career in plumbing.
In addition, if you dream about migrating to Australia at the same time, then you must know the Plumber pathway to Australian migration. Moreover, you have a very high probability of getting a nice job in Australia through this profession. Also, it will not only help you to get higher salaries but you will have access to job flexibility and great opportunities.
That is to say, you can choose to work your way all or the way up to the master level if you have the ambition to do so. In this way, you can enjoy the astounding lifestyle of Australia while earning at the same time. Furthermore, the following article was written by a migration agent Brisbane will guide you about the ways through with you can relocate to Australia as a Carpenter.
Demand for Plumber in Australia
Are you aware of the jobs on the top in the job demand list of Australia? If not, then you must know that Plumbers’ role is high in demand. So, if you are planning to relocate to Australia, our team of experts will help you to learn about the Plumber pathway to Australian migration.
Most importantly, this will increase your chances of getting selected as the job is in high demand. Statistically, the employment rate for plumbers has increased in Australia for few years. That is to say if you have the ability and amazing skills in the sector, you may stand a higher chance.
Moreover, this reflects the fact that plumbers can be employed in numerous industries. Therefore, this makes this job vacancy a golden opportunity for candidates who want to work flexibly. However, they can simply choose the Plumber pathway to Australian migration to make their relocation to Australia convenient.
In this way, they will earn a happy living in Australia along with achieving their dream goals.
Skill Occupational list for Plumber Migration
Plumber categorizes under the Skilled Occupation List. In addition, The Australian government considers this profession under the Medium & Long-Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL). So, if you are capable of becoming a Plumber with phenomenal skills in this sector, then you can become a perfect nominee.
You can apply under the visa subclass of 186, 189, 190, 407, 485, 489, 482, 187, 494, and 491 for Plumber.
ANZSCO code of Registered Plumber occupation
Being a Plumber, you may be asked to manage, construct, repair, install, renovate and design structures of water systems. In addition, it will be your prior responsibility to look after the fixtures of any leakages, etc. Therefore, if you are capable enough to perform these tasks without any mistakes, then, you may choose the Plumber pathway to Australian migration.
That means, relocating to Australia will boost up your lifestyle. Also, you will maintain higher living standards by doing so. Most importantly, you will be paid a handsome salary which will make your life pretty easy in Australia. However, you only have to install and repair water, gas, drainage, and sewerage pipes and systems.
The ANZSCO code for the Plumber occupation is 334111 PLUMBER (GENERAL).
Assessing Authority for Plumber migration to Australia and fees
TRA (Trades Recognition Australia) is responsible for the skill assessment for people who wish to migrate to Australia for trading and craftsmanship. In addition, it undertakes skill assessments being the Plumbers’ skill assessing authority and provides assistance for migration and skills recognition purposes.
In this way, it helps the country to ensure continuous economic growth that will prove fruitful to stay in the top position. Further, it also enables the country to maintain continued prosperity.
Remember, to get eligible for applying for the migration skill assessment test, you must cover the following requirements:
- have the required amount of employment experience in your occupation
- have a qualification directly related to your nominated occupation
TRA charges some fees for performing the migration skill assessment for you. That implies the candidates who want to use the services provided by the TRA will have to pay some amount. Therefore, to give you clarity on the fee schedule, the charges are mentioned below.
- Migration Skills Assessment (MSA) – $1000
- Migration Skills Assessment (MSA) – Review – $900
Most importantly, fee structures are subject to change. That is to say, TRA, the assessing authority will give reasonable notice of any proposed fee increases. Also, the notices regarding the same will be mentioned on the assessing authority website.
Available visa categories and subclasses for Plumber
To keep the assurance of getting a visa, you must seek the help of a dependable firm. Their team can provide you with the best advice and guidance on the Plumber pathway to Australian migration. in addition, an expert will be assigned to you who will play the role of a migration agent for your Australian migration process.
Therefore, you may choose the ideal visa type for yourself. However, you should consider all your requirements and needs. As a Plumber, you can choose from the following visa subclass options for Australian migration:
Subclasses for plumber pathway to Australia migration:
- 186 – permanent visa for skilled foreign workers
- 187 – regional sponsor visa for skilled foreign workers
- 189 – skilled Independent visa which for applicants who wish to live and work anywhere in Australia.
- 190 – state-sponsored visa through which applicants can live and work in Australia for an indefinite period.
- 489 – skilled regional provisional visa that is a pathway to Australian permanent residency and is valid for four years.
- 407 – training visa
- 485 – temporary graduate visa that allows the applicant to do graduate work
- 491 – skilled regional provisional visa for state or territory nominated and family-sponsored
- 489 – skilled regional provisional visa for state or territory nominated
- 482 – skilled employer-sponsored regional provisional for employer-sponsored team
Most importantly, subclass 189, 190, and 489 are considered point-based skilled migration visas. This means that you have to score a minimum of 60 points in the Australia Immigration point test to qualify as an applicant for the nominated occupation.
In other words, the points are based on various factors like Educational Qualification, Age, Work Experience, Relevant Skills, Language requirements, and others.
Job role and task included as a plumber migrant to Australia
Being a Plumber, it is your responsibility or duty to design, fix, construct, manage, install, renovate and repair structures. Also, you have to deal with the drainage, gas, water systems, and a lot more things.
However, if you choose the plumber pathway to Australian migration, then be ready to perform the following tasks depending on what your company will ask you to do.
- setting out and installing hot and cold-water systems and associated equipment
- studying blueprints, drawings, and specifications to determine the layout of plumbing systems and materials required
- installing water-based fire protection systems, including fire hydrants, hose reels, and sprinkler systems
- designing and installing sanitary plumbing and water supply systems, discharge pipes, and sanitary fixtures
- fabricating and installing soil and waste stacks
- installing sewerage and effluent pumping equipment and disposal systems
- assembling and installing mechanical services plant, air handling, and conditioning equipment, and small bore heating systems
- installing below-ground drainage systems and associated ground support systems
- fabricating and installing metal roofing, rainwater goods, and flashings
- installing gas appliances, flues, and pressure regulating devices
Above all, the specializations may include Fire Services Plumber, Sanitary Plumber, and Water Plumber.
Job availability and expected salaries
Do you know due to the increase in demand for Plumbers, there is a vast number of job vacancies to get employed? In addition, you will get numerous opportunities with flexibility in the job.
That is to say, the profession might prove to be fruitful for those who want to choose the plumber pathway to Australian migration. Moreover, by becoming a Plumber, you will get a chance to serve the local community of Australia.
Therefore, if you have an interest in the Plumbers’ job, you can become a perfect applicant to fill the vacancy. In addition, the pay-out will be excellent with a vast number of options to choose from.
Here are some examples of job opportunities that you can go through once to have a better understanding.
- Evolve QLD is a labour-management company seeking interest in a full-time permanent plumber. The job is offered with a handsome amount of $40 – $42 per hour. Also, the penalties are not included.
- Commercial / Residential Plumbers with the following-
- In-date Queensland Plumbing License.
- EWP is not essential but strongly considered.
- A can-do attitude – remember these are ongoing assignments!
- 2 recent working references.
- Available for OT if required
- Market-leading rates.
- Penalties – 1.5 and Double Time.
- Travel if the site is too far from your location.
- A knowledgeable consultant who knows the industry very well and the market leaders in it.
- iDrip Plumbing Solutions is one of Brisbane’s fastest growing plumbing companies who are on the hunt for an experienced and fully qualified plumber, with a positive attitude.
Skills and experiences
- Confident in reading job plans
- Have a happy and motivated attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Love to go above and beyond for customers
- Completes work to a high standard every time
- The ability to perform a wide variety of plumbing tasks unsupervised
- A team player with a can-do attitude
- Must have your vehicle and full Australian driver’s license
- Must have own tools relevant to the plumbing trade
Most importantly, the salary will be $35 – $45 per hour. Furthermore, the contract will be signed in which everything will be specified. In addition, the job is for full-time workers.
Get a professional advice
To sum up, the article written above is a way to make people aware of the plumber pathway to Australian migration. However, the main objective was to give the reader a sight of migrating to Australia as a Plumber. Moreover, the reason is very obvious that the Plumbers’ job is in high demand in Australia.
Thus, this article will prove to be a nice help for those who want to pursue their career as a Plumber in Australia. In this way, you will become a skilled overseas worker which will add a big value to your portfolio. Also, you will be able to achieve your dreams and fly with us to Australia.
Furthermore, you can take our help in this journey as we guarantee that you will get excellent services. Our team of experts at Australian Visa Lawyer will guide you at every moment of your immigration process and make sure to get you a visa. Therefore, to make your Australian migration process convenient book an appointment with our migration consultancy team.
Read other related articles