This is a permanent visa, which lets people move to Australia to be with their only close family members.
Obligations for the Remaining Relative Visa (subclass 115) applicant
To avail of this category of visa, there are certain requirements that you will need to fulfil. The lists are given below.
- Stay Duration– The stay duration under this subclass of visa is permanent.
- Visa Cost– The cost of this subclass starts from AUD 6,415.
- Things you must/ need to have: To avail of this visa you must-
- Be sponsored by a responsible person during your stay
- Be able to obtain an assurance of support
- Be a remaining relative of an Australian citizen or Permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen
- Be outside Australia when you apply for this visa and when we decide your application
- Activities in Australia you can undertake: With this category of visa you can-
- Migrate to Australia as a permanent resident
- Work and Study in Australia
- Enroll in Medicare
- Sponsor your relatives to come to Australia
- Apply for Australian citizenship, if eligible
- Travel to and from Australia for 5 years from the date of your visa grant
FAQs of Subclass 115 Remaining Relative visa
- Do I need to have a sponsor to avail of this visa?
To avail of this visa, it is a must that you are sponsored by an eligible parent or step-parent, sibling or step-sibling, or an eligible partner of your relative. Also, your sponsorship must be approved.
2. Is it essential to have an assurance of support?
To avail of this subclass of visa, you must be able to obtain an assurance of support.
3. What document do I need to sign to avail of this visa?
Yes, if you are 18 years of age or older you must sign an Australian Values Statement to confirm you will respect the Australian way of life and obey Australian laws.