Estimated reading time: 8 minutes
Do you have an interest in inspiring and motivating people? Are you capable of making them realize their capabilities in addition to their potential? If yes, then pursuing your career as a secondary school teacher will be perfect for you. In other words, you will not only fit in that well but also perform excellently on your further career path. Our team of experts will provide the best secondary school teacher pathway to Australian migration. Hence, you can build a strong connection with students to guide them about their abilities. On the same hand, if you dream about settling in a foreign country then it will become possible. As a result, you can relocate to Australia by reading the below article. And by earning everything about becoming a secondary school teacher in Australia.
Demand for Secondary School Teacher in Australia
Secondary School Teacher is a job that is in high demand these days in Australia. So, if you are planning to relocate there we will help you to learn about the Secondary School Teacher pathway to Australian migration.
You must be thinking about the reason behind why teachers are in demand. Therefore, you must know the reason behind this is, extensive studies have reported that Australia cannot accommodate the rise of students, despite a growing rate of teachers. Although, the government is trying to provide as many teachers as they can to the schools, alas, they are not being able to keep a hold of them.
Therefore, it makes this profession a golden opportunity for those who are waiting to relocate to Australia. Thus, they can happily choose Secondary School Teacher pathway to Australian migration. In this way, their dream will come true and Australia can also have the advantage of welcoming the new teachers to serve their population.
Secondary School Teacher comes under the Skilled Visas Occupation List. The Australian government categories this profession under Medium & Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL). So, if you are capable of becoming a teacher and have incredible skills in this sector then you can become a perfect applicant to be nominated.
You can apply under the visa subclass of 186, 189, 190, 407, 485, 489, 482, 187, 494, and 491 for Secondary School Teacher.
ANZSCO code of Registered Secondary School Teacher occupation
Being a Secondary School Teacher, your duty can be to promote the academic progress and general wellbeing of young people (maybe children between 12 and 18 years) in the high school system. You may require to work outside of school hours. For example, supervise extra-curricular activities, attend school camps and conduct parent-teacher interviews. Also, they usually need to elect subject area specializations and teach one or two subjects. If you are capable enough to perform these tasks excellently, then, you may choose the secondary School Teacher pathway to Australian migration. in addition, migrating to Australia will bring you a healthy lifestyle and boost your living standards. Moreover, your salary will be great. The ANZSCO code for Secondary School Teacher occupation is 241411.
Assessing Authority for Secondary School Teacher migration to Australia and fees
AITSL (Australian Institute for Teaching & School Leadership Limited) is the assessing authority that willing to assess the qualifications for the visa options for Australian migration.
It helps to empower, educate and inspire the ones who intend to choose the Secondary School Teacher pathway to Australian migration. AITSL provides knowledge, guidance, and resources to help you become the perfect teacher you want to be. Hence, it establishes high standards to educate and train the Australian community.
AITSL charges applicants for providing their services. Below are the mentioned services for which the applicant is charged and how much for each service.
- Application for skills assessment – AUD 860
- The appeal of assessment outcome – AUD 860
- Skilled Employment Statement (SES) – AUD 232
- Additional copy of assessment outcome – AUD 99
Point to be noted, for an additional copy of the assessment outcome the fees will only be charged when an additional copy is requested of a certificate with a reference starting with WAMS.
Moreover, no additional Goods and Services Tax (GST) will be added to the total amount at the time of making payment. The above-mentioned amount is final.
Available visa categories and subclasses for Secondary School Teacher
It is essential to seek help from a prestigious firm that is authentic in providing its services. You must look for an expert migration agent if you want to go for Secondary School Teacher pathway to Australian migration. Therefore, you can choose the visa type according to your requirements.
As a Secondary teacher, you can choose any of the following visa subclass options for Australian migration:
- 186 – permanent visa for skilled foreign workers
- 187 – regional sponsor visa for skilled foreign workers
- 189 – skilled Independent visa which for applicants who wish to live and work anywhere in Australia.
- 190 – state-sponsored visa through which applicants can live and work in Australia for an indefinite period.
- 489 – skilled regional provisional visa that is a pathway to Australian permanent residency and is valid for four years.
- 407 – training visa
- 485 – temporary graduate visa that allows the applicant to do graduate work
- 491 – skilled regional provisional visa for state or territory nominated and family-sponsored
- 489 – skilled regional provisional visa for state or territory nominated
- 482 – skilled employer-sponsored regional provisional for an employer-sponsored visa
Most importantly, subclass 189, 190, and 489 are “based on point” skilled migration visas which means, you have to score a minimum of 60 points on the Australia Immigration point test.
To clarify, the points are based on Age, Educational Qualification, Work Experience, Relevant Skills, Language requirements and other factors.
Job role and task included as a Secondary School Teacher migrant
As a Secondary School Teacher migrant, you have to teach one or more subjects that are within the curriculum of secondary school students. Also, you can promote students’ social, emotional, intellectual, and physical development.
Here are the responsibilities that you have to conquer in this profession.
- developing students’ interests, abilities. Additionally, coordinate by way of creative activities
- resenting prescribed curriculum using a range of teaching techniques and materials
- guiding discussions and supervising work in class
- discussing individual progress and problems with students and parents, and seeking advice from Student Counsellors and senior teachers
- preparing, administering and marking tests, projects and assignments to evaluate students’ progress and recording the results
- maintaining discipline in classrooms and other school areas
- liaising with parent, community and business groups
- participating in staff meetings, educational conferences and workshops
- maintaining class and scholastic records
- supervising student teachers on placement
- performing extra-curricular tasks such as assisting with sport, school concerts, excursions and special interest programs
Job availability and expected salaries
There are enormous jobs available for Secondary School Teachers. Thus, you can choose according to your requirements. If you think teaching is ideal for you, you can go for the secondary school teacher pathway to Australian migration. The salaries are excellent with the described work that they want from you.
Here are some examples of job opportunities that you can go through once to have a better understanding.
- Vivid teachers are seeking interest for a secondary school teacher. Therefore, they offer the vacancy with a salary of about $70,000 – $109,999 per year. It is a permanent full-time job of educating and training with a multi-disciplinary work environment and family-friendly workplace. Hence, it is a great opportunity.
- Possess current teaching references
- Hold a teaching qualification recognised in Australia
- Have to register or have the ability to get registration with the TRB of the state you intend to work in.
- If you are registered and looking to move states the mutual recognition, the process is currently very fast between the states accordingly.
- Completely free service available qualified teachers
- Gain access to exclusively listed teaching and leadership positions
- You get career mentoring, CV preparation and interview coaching
- Full disclosure on the role before your application goes to a school
- TES is currently seeking highly compassionate and qualified Secondary School Teacher for roles available within Private, Independent, Catholic schools located in Victoria.
Available Secondary Teaching Positions in Australia:
- Learning Development Teacher | 2105-548401EN (Part-Time, Fixed Term Contract)
- Geography Teacher | 2105-548382E (Full Time, Fixed Term Contract)
- Mathematics and Science Teacher | 2104-548040H (Full Time or Part Time, Fixed Term Contract)
- Product Design Technology Teacher | 2105-548357N (Full Time, Ongoing Role)
Most importantly, the salary will be $72,058 – $108,003 per annum according to the work experience.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Education
- Provide a minimum of two professional references
- Do register with VIT
- Have current work rights in Australia
Contact a migration lawyer to get advice
To sum up, the above article was professional advice by the Australian Visa Lawyer to give you clarity on the Secondary School Teacher pathway to Australian migration. If the teaching profession fits your match and you are also willing to relocate to Australia, then we are here to give our best advice to you. Our team of experts will serve you excellently to make your migration journey easy and without any obstacles. So, contact a migration agent Sydney to book your appointment with our team for convenient immigration and migration process.
Read other related articles