Skilled Employer-Sponsored Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 494) Labour Agreement stream is for skilled labourers nominated by employers who have a labour agreement. Labour agreements are developed between the employers and the Australian government.
Obligations for the applicant under the Labour Agreement stream
To avail of this category of employer sponsored visa, there are certain requirements that you will need to fulfil. The lists are given below.
- Stay Duration– The stay duration under this subcategory of visa is up to 5 years.
- Visa Cost– The cost of Skilled Employer-Sponsored Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 494) Labour Agreement stream starts from AUD 4,045.
- Things you must/ need to have: To avail of this visa you must-
- Have a relevant skills assessment
- Be nominated to work in an occupation on the relevant skilled occupation list
- Work only for your sponsor
- Have, at minimum, three years of work experience in your nominated occupation
- Be under 45 years of age, unless an exemption applies
- Meet the minimum standards of English language proficiency
- Activities in Australia you can undertake: With this category of visa you can-
- Stay, and study only in designated regional areas of Australia for 5 years
- Travel to and from Australia for 5 years while the visa is valid
- Apply for permanent residency after 3 years from the time your visa is granted, if eligible
- Include your family members in your visa application
- Add a dependent child after you submit your visa application but before it gets approved
FAQs of Skilled Employer-Sponsored Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 494) Labour Agreement stream
- Is working under a labour agreement mandatory?
Yes, the nominated occupation you are supposed to work in must be the subject of a labour agreement between the Commonwealth and the nominator.
2. Is it essential to have relevant skills, qualifications, and work experience to apply for this visa?
Yes, you must demonstrate the relevant skills, qualifications, and work experience necessary to perform the nominated occupation. Also, you must undertake a skills assessment along with providing other evidence to demonstrate that you meet the requirement. To know more you can see ‘Skills and qualifications documents’ under the Step by step tab.
3. Do I need to meet the minimum health requirement to apply for this visa?
Yes, to apply for Skilled Employer-Sponsored Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 494) Labour Agreement stream, you and your family members must meet the minimum health requirement.
Also, if necessary, the family members not accompanying you to Australia might need to meet the health requirement.