This is a permanent visa, which allows the nominated skilled workers live and work in Australia as permanent residents.
Obligations for the 190 visa applicant
To avail of this category of visa, there are certain requirements that you will need to fulfil. The lists are given below.
- Stay Duration– The stay duration under this subclass of visa is permanent.
- Visa Cost– The cost of this subclass of visa starts from AUD 4,045.
- Things you must/ need to have: To avail of this visa you must-
- Be invited to apply
- Be nominated
- Have a suitable skills assessment for the occupation
- Have an occupation on the relevant skilled list
- Be under 45 years
- Satisfy the points test
- Activities in Australia you can undertake: With this category of visa you can-
- Stay in Australia permanently
- Work and study in Australia without any restrictions
- Sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence
- If eligible, become an Australian citizen
- Enroll in Medicare
- Travel to from Australia for 5 years
- Is it necessary to be invited to apply for this visa?
Yes, you can only apply for this skilled visa if you get invited. Also, your chance of getting invited depends on your being nominated by a state or territory government after you submit your expression of interest (EOI).
2. Do I need to be nominated?
Yes, to get invited to apply for this visa, you must be nominated by an Australian state or territory government agency.
3. What is the minimum age to apply for this visa?
You must be aged under 45 at the time you apply for this subclass of visa. If you turn 45 after you submit your EOI but before being invited you to apply, you will not be invited to apply.