This is a special category temporary visa. Under this subclass of visa you can visit, study, stay and work, in Australia, as long as you remain a New Zealand citizen. You can avail of this visa when you arrive in Australia and submit your completed incoming passenger card with your New Zealand passport.
Obligations of Special Category visa (SCV) Subclass 444
To avail of this category of working holiday visa, there are certain requirements that you will need to fulfil. The lists are given below.
- Stay Duration– The stay duration under this subclass of visa starts from the time you are granted the visa until your departure from Australia as long as you are a New Zealand citizen during that time.
- Visa Cost– There is no charge for this visa application.
- Things you must/ need to have: To avail of this visa you must-
- Hold a New Zealand citizenship
- Stay in Australia without departing from here, as doing so can lead to your visa getting over
- Have a valid New Zealand passport, or
- Have a New Zealand emergency travel document
- Activities in Australia you can undertake: With this category of visa you can-
- Stay in Australia as long as you remain a New Zealand citizen
- Work, visit, and study in Australia without any restriction
- Apply for a permanent visa, if eligible
FAQs of Subclass 444 Special Category visa (SCV)
- Do I need to hold any special passport?
To avail of this visa, it is essential that you hold a valid New Zealand passport or New Zealand emergency travel document.
2. Can I hold a visa with a ‘no further stay’ condition and still apply for this special category visa?
No, can’t apply for this special category visa if you currently hold a visa that has a ‘no further stay’ condition.
3. Can I include my family members in my 444 visa application?
Each family member will need to make their SCV application by completing their incoming passenger card. If family members are not New Zealand citizens, they will need to apply for another visa.