This subclass of visa is for adopted children. Subclass 102 Adoption Visa lets children adopted outside Australia come and live in Australia with their adoptive parents. Once the visa is granted, the child will be entitled to stay in Australia permanently.
Obligations in subclass 102 visa
To avail of this category of visa, there are certain requirements that you will need to fulfil. The lists are given below.
- Stay Duration– The stay duration under this subclass of visa is permanent.
- Visa Cost– The cost of this visa starts from AUD 2,665.
- Things you must/ need to have: To avail of this visa you must-
- Stay outside Australia at the time of application
- Have been under 18 years of age when adopted, when they apply, or when the application is decided upon
- Be adopted, or
- In the process of being adopted by their sponsor parent
- Meet Australian health and character requirements
- Activities in Australia you can undertake: With this category of visa you can-
- Stay in Australia permanently with their adoptive parents
- Work and study in Australia
- Travel to and from Australia for five years from the date the visa is granted – after that time they will need another visa to enter Australia
- Access Medicare
- Apply for Australian citizenship if eligible
FAQs of Subclass 102 Adoption visa
- Who can apply for this visa?
Children who are less than 18 years of age and have been adopted, or
- Is in the process of being adopted through an intercountry adoption between 2 countries, or
- Is in the process of being adopted through intercountry adoption or arrangement with the involvement of an Australian state or territory central authority, or
- Have been adopted through an expatriate adoption (with no Australian state or territory central authority being involved)
2. Do I need a sponsor for 102 adoption visa?
Yes, to avail of this visa child must be sponsored by an eligible adoptive parent or prospective adoptive parent.
3. What is the age to apply for this visa?
To apply for this visa, the child must be under 18 at the time of adoption, when the application is submitted and when we make our decision.