Subclass 124 Distinguished Talent Visa is a permanent Australian Visa meant for those candidates who are internationally recognised for their talents and outstanding achievement in an eligible field.
Obligations for the applicant
To avail of this skilled visa category, there are certain requirements that you will need to fulfil. The lists are given below.
- Stay Duration– The stay duration under this subclass of visa is permanent.
- Visa Cost– The cost of the 124 Distinguished Talent Visa starts from AUD 4,110.
- Things you must/ need to have: To avail of this visa you must
- Be outside Australia when this visa is granted
- An exceptionally good record in areas such as sports, arts, literature, etc.
- Be sponsored by an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, eligible New Zealand citizen, or Australian organisation
- Activities in Australia you can undertake: With this category of visa you can
- Australia permanently
- Work and study in Australia without any restrictions
- Sponsor family members eligible for permanent residence in Australia
- Apply for Australian citizenship, if eligible
- Enroll in Australia as Public Health Care scheme, Medicare
- Travel to and from Australia for 5 years
FAQs of Subclass 124 Distinguished Talent visa
- Minimum age to apply for this subclass of visa?
There is no minimum age limit and you can be of any age to apply for this visa.
If you are under 18 years for above 55 years you must be of exceptional benefit to the Australian community, if you want to apply for Subclass 124 Distinguished Talent Visa.
2. Is it essential to be nominated to apply for Subclass 124 Distinguished Talent visa?
Yes, you must be nominated to apply for this visa. Your nominator must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident, eligible New Zealand citizen or an Australian organisation with a national reputation in the field as you.
3. To be internationally recognised with a record of achievement to apply for this subclass of visa?
Must be exceptional and outstanding, which means you:
- Are currently prominent in your field
- Acclaimed as exceptional in any country where your field is practised
- Have superior abilities to others in your field, etc.
You must be prominent in your field in the past two years.