If you are planning to marry your prospective spouse and then apply for a Partner visa, this visa will let you come and stay in Australia for up to 15 months, from the date of the grant of the visa.
Obligations for the 300 visa applicant
To avail of this category of visa, there are certain requirements that you will need to fulfil. The lists are given below.
- Stay Duration– The stay duration under this subclass of visa is between 9 and 15 months from the date of grant of visa.
- Visa Cost– The cost of this visa starts from AUD 7,715.
- Things you must/ need to have: To avail of this visa you must-
- 18 years of age
- Be engaged to an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen
- Enter Australia on the Prospective Marriage visa before the date specified on your grant letter
- Be sponsored
- Intend to marry your prospective spouse before the visa period ends
- Be outside Australia when you apply
- Activities in Australia you can undertake: With this category of visa you can-
- Stay in Australia between 9 and 15 months from the date of grant of visa
- Work in Australia
- Study in Australia at your own expense
- Travel to and from Australia as many times as you like, while your visa is valid
- Include members of the family unit in your application
- Do I need to have a sponsor?
Yes, you and anyone who applies for this visa must be sponsored by your prospective spouse. We must approve the sponsorship.
2. What is the minimum age at the time of applying for this visa?
The minimum age required to apply for this visa is 18 years.
3. Is it necessary that the Subclass 300 Prospective Marriage visa be in the best interests of the child or minor?
Yes, the visa must be in the best interests of an applicant under 18, otherwise, the visa might not get granted.