This subclass of skilled visa is for persons who have an internationally recognised record of exceptional achievement in an eligible area. This is a permanent resident visa.
Obligations for the applicant
To avail of this category of visa, there are certain requirements that you will need to fulfil. The lists are given below.
- Stay Duration– The stay duration under Subclass 858 Global Talent Visa is permanent.
- Visa Cost– The cost of this subclass of visa starts from AUD 4,110.
- Things you must/ need to have: To avail of this visa you must-
- Have an internationally recognised record of exceptional and outstanding achievement in a profession, sport, arts, or academia and research
- Skills are prominent in the area
- Contribute to Australia in your field of expertise
- Either be in or outside Australia but not in immigration clearance when you apply and when we grant this visa
- Be nominated by an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, eligible New Zealand citizen, or an Australian organisation that has a national reputation concerning the area of talent
- Activities in Australia you can undertake: With this category of visa you can-
- Stay in Australia permanently
- Work and study in Australia without any restrictions
- Enroll in Australia as Public Health Care scheme, Medicare
- Travel to and from Australia for 5 years
- Include members of the family unit when you apply
FAQs of Subclass 858 Global Talent visa
- Is it essential to be beneficial to the Australian community if granted this visa?
Yes, you should be a contributor towards:
- cultural, or
- to raise Australia’s academic, artistic or sports standing internationally
You must contribute to the nation as a whole.
2. Do I need to be nominated?
Yes, you must be nominated to apply for this visa. Your nominator must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident, eligible New Zealand citizen, or an Australian organisation with a national reputation in the field as you.
3. What is the minimum age to apply for this subclass of visa?
There is no age barrier to apply for this visa. If you are under 18 years old or are 55 years or older when you apply, you must be of exceptional benefit to the Australian community.