Temporary Activity visa (subclass 408) Australian Government endorsed events lets to come to Australia to participate in programs or events which are endorsed by the government of Australia.
Obligations for the applicant under Temporary Activity visa
To avail of this category of employer sponsored visa, there are certain requirements that you will need to fulfil. The lists are given below.
- Stay Duration– The stay duration under this subcategory of visa is for the duration of the event you are participating in or up to 4 years.
- Visa Cost– The cost of a Temporary Activity visa (subclass 408) Australian Government endorsed events starts from AUD 310. However, there is no cost for the COVID-19 Pandemic event.
- Things you must/ need to have– To avail of this visa, you must-
- Have a letter of endorsement from an approved organization
- Apply online for the visa application
- Activities in Australia you can undertake – With this category of visa you can-
- Travel can stay in Australia to participate in events endorsed by the Australian government
- Take part in the Post COVID-19 Economic Recovery event in Australia
- Take part in the Supporting Innovation in South Australia event in Australia
- Travel to and from Australia while your visa is valid and there are no travel restrictions
If you are planning to avail of this visa to visit and stay in Australia during the COVID-19 pandemic, see Australian Government Endorsed Events (COVID-19 Pandemic event).
FAQs of Temporary Activity visa (subclass 408) Australian Government endorsed events
- Which approved government-endorsed programs can I patriciate?
Under this subcategory of visa, you can participate in-
The Australian Government’s Global Business and Talent Attraction Taskforce must approve your employer for coordinated facilitation.
Supporting Innovation in South Australia event– Under this category, you must be endorsed in written to take part in Supporting Innovation in South Australia, by the South Australian Government.
2. Do I need to meet the standard character requirement to apply for this category of Temporary Activity visa?
Yes, you and your family members, aged 16 years and above are required to meet our character conditions. We may also ask that the other family members meet the requirement as well.
3. Is it essential to know the standard level of the English language?
Yes, if you want to participate in the Supporting Innovation in South Australia event you must have vocational English.
To know more about Temporary Activity visa (subclass 408) Australian Government endorsed events please consult a registered migration agent.