This visa subcategory lets you undertake full-time domestic work in the household of certain senior foreign executives. Also, under this visa, you can add your family members and stay in Australia for a period of up to 2 years.
Obligations for the applicant
To avail of this category of visa, there are certain requirements that you will need to fulfil. The lists are given below.
- Stay Duration– The stay duration under Temporary Activity visa (subclass 408) Domestic Work for Executives is up to 2 years.
- Visa Cost- The cost of this subcategory of visa starts from AUD 310.
- Things you must/ need to have: To avail of this visa you must-
- Be 18 years of age
- Have a supporter or sponsor, based on your situation
- Have experience in domestic work
- Be invited to work in the household
- Activities in Australia you can undertake: With this category of visa you can-
- Stay in Australia for up to 2 years
- Add family members to the visa application
- Do full-time domestic work in the household of a certain senior foreign executive
- Apply for the visa in or outside Australia, except for the immigration clearance
- Travel to and from Australia multiple time while your visa is valid
FAQs of Temporary Activity visa (subclass 408) Domestic Work for Executives
- What is the minimum age to apply for (subclass 408) Domestic Work for Executives visa?
You must be at least 18 years old in order to apply for a Temporary Activity visa (subclass 408) Domestic Work for Executives.
2. Do I need to have a sponsor or supporter?
You will need a supporter if you apply outside Australia and are planning to stay under this visa for less than 3 months.
However, if apply in Australia, or outside Australia and intend to stay for more than 3 months in Australia under this visa, you will need a sponsor.
3. Is getting an invitation to work as a full-time domestic worker essential?
Yes, you must be invited to work full-time in the household of a senior foreign executive.