The Temporary Activity visa (subclass 408) Entertainment Activities stream allows you to visit Australia to participate in the entertainment industry. Under this subcategory of visa, you can stay in Australia for a period of up to 2 years and work in film, television, or live productions as a performer, production, or support staff. Your family members can also be included in your visa application.
Obligations for the applicant
To avail of this category of visa, there are certain requirements that you will need to fulfil. The lists are given below.
- Stay Duration– The stay duration under this subcategory of visa is up to 2 years.
- Visa Cost– The visa cost of Temporary Activity visa (subclass 408) Entertainment Activities stream starts from AUD 310.
- Things you must/ need to have: To avail of this visa you must-
- Have a contract of proof to perform in the Australian entertainment industry
- Have the financial capability to support yourself and your family members who travel with you during your stay in Australia
- Have a supporter
- Apply online for the visa application
- Have a sponsor if planning to stay in Australia for less than 3 months
- Activities in Australia you can undertake: With this category of visa you can-
- Work in the entertainment industry
- Stay in Australia for up to 2 years
- Travel to and from as many times as you want while your visa is valid
- Include members of the family unit in your visa application
FAQs of Temporary Activity visa (subclass 408) Entertainment Activities stream
- How long can I stay in Australia under Temporary Activity visa (subclass 408)?
This is a temporary visa so the maximum period you can stay in Australia under it is 2 years. The length of the stay is based on the activity we approve you to do on the visa.
2. Do I need to have a supporter or sponsor?
Yes, to apply for this subcategory of visa, for a stay of fewer than 3 months, you must have a supporter. However, if you are intending to extend your stay beyond 3 months, you need to get yourself an approved sponsor.
3. What document do I need to have?
To apply for a Temporary Activity visa (subclass 408) Entertainment Activities stream you must show a contract for your performance or work in Australia.