If you are invited to participate in a community-based event in Australia, including sporting events, you can apply for a Temporary Activity visa (subclass 408) Other Social and Cultural Activity (Invited Participant) stream. This subcategory of visa allows you and your family members, who travel with you, to stay in Australia for a period of up to 3 months.
Obligations for the applicant
To avail of this category of visa, there are certain requirements that you will need to fulfil. The lists are given below.
- Stay Duration– The stay duration under this subcategory of visa is up to 3 months.
- Visa Cost– The visa cost of Temporary Activity visa (subclass 408) Other Social and Cultural Activity (Invited Participant) stream starts from AUD 310.
- Things you must/ need to have: To avail of this visa you must-
- Be invited to participate in a social or cultural activity associated with a community-based event, by an Australian organization
- Have a supporter or sponsor
- Apply for the visa application online
- Activities in Australia you can undertake: With this category of visa you can-
- Participate in a community-based event in Australia
- Stay in Australia for up to 3 months with the family member who travels with you
- Apply for the visa in or outside Australia, except for the immigration clearance
FAQs of Temporary Activity visa (subclass 408) Other Social and Cultural Activity (Invited Participant) stream
- Do I need to have adequate health insurance?
It is mandatory that while you stay in Australia you will maintain adequate health cover. It will be your liability to bear the healthcare costs while in Australia. Hence, health insurance can ease your financial liability. Your health insurance should cover medically necessary treatment, including transport. Some countries have reciprocal health care agreements with Australia. To find out more visit Services Australia.
2. What document do I need to sign to avail myself temporary activity visa?
To avail of Temporary Activity visa (subclass 408) Other Social and Cultural Activity (Invited Participant) stream, you will need to acknowledge the Australian values statement that confirms you will respect the Australian way of life and obey its laws at the time.
3. Is it mandatory to meet the health requirement to avail of this visa?
Yes, you and your family member, who will fly with you under this visa, must meet the health requirement.