This visa subcategory is for those who want to do temporary full-time religious work for a religious institution in Australia. The visa allows a stay duration of up to 2 years, which covers the primary applicants and their families who apply for the visa.
Obligations for the applicant
To avail of this category of visa, there are certain requirements that you will need to fulfil. The lists are given below.
- Stay Duration– The stay duration under Temporary Activity visa (subclass 408) Religious workstream is up to 2 years.
- Visa Cost– The visa cost of this subcategory of visa starts from AUD 310.
- Things you must/ need to have – To avail of this visa you must-
- Carry a formal agreement stating your full-time work for an Australian religious institution
- Be sponsored or supported according to your circumstances
- Apply for the visa application online
- Activities in Australia you can undertake – With this category of visa you can-
FAQs of Temporary Activity visa (subclass 408) Religious work stream
- Do I have to have a suitable employment contract?
Yes, to apply for a Temporary Activity visa (subclass 408) Religious workstream, you have to have a suitable employment contract. It is mandatory that you should have an agreement stating your intention to work to serve the religious objectives of a religious organization in Australia. Also, your employment and wage conditions must meet the necessary standards under the relevant Australian legislation and awards.
2. Is it essential to have the qualification and experience to perform the work?
To work temporarily full-time as a religious worker, you need to have the appropriate experience and qualifications. Your experience and qualification should get reflected in your agreement.
3. Is having health insurance mandatory for (subclass 408) Religious work stream?
When in Australia, you are liable to maintain an adequate health cover for the whole of your stay. Your health care policy should cover all your healthcare costs. Hence, health insurance can ease your financial liability by covering medically necessary treatment, including transport.