Temporary Activity visa (subclass 408) Special program stream is for those who are looking to stay in Australia to take part in an approved special program. The special programs include community programs, youth exchange, cultural enrichment, “gap year volunteering” or school language assistance.
Obligations for the applicant
To avail of this category of visa, there are certain requirements that you will need to fulfil. The lists are given below.
- Stay Duration– The stay duration under this visa can be extended up to 12 months.
- Visa Cost– The cost of Temporary Activity visa (subclass 408) Special program stream starts from AUD 310.
- Things you must/ need to have – To avail of this visa you must-
- Have a valid invitation for participating in an approved special program
- Be sponsored or supported, according to your situations
- Apply for the visa application online
Activities in Australia you can undertake under subclass 408 visa
With this category of employer sponsored visas you can;
- Participate and visit Australia in approved a special program to exchange knowledge, culture, and experiences
- Stay in Australia for 12 months with members of a family unit
- Apply for the visa in or outside Australia, except in immigration clearance
FAQs of Temporary Activity visa (subclass 408) Special program stream
- What approved special program do I need to participate in?
Under this subcategory of visa, you should visit Australia to participate in an approved special program. We accept 4 types of special programs, including- Youth exchange programs, Cultural enrichment or community benefit program, School-to-school interchange programs, and School language assistance programs.
2. Do I need to have adequate health insurance?
To apply for a Temporary Activity visa, you should maintain an adequate health cover for the whole of your stay in Australia. It is your liability to cover all your healthcare costs. Hence, health insurance can ease your financial liability. Your health insurance must cover medically necessary treatment, including transport.
3. Is having a supporter or sponsor necessary for Temporary Activity visa?
Yes, to avail Temporary Activity visa you will need to have a supporter or sponsor.
You need a supporter if you:
- Intend to stay in Australia for less than 3 months, and
- Apply outside Australia
You need a sponsor if you:
- Apply in, or
- Apply outside Australia to stay for more than 3 months
To know more about Temporary Activity visa (subclass 408) Special program stream and visa consultation, consult a registered migration agent.