This subcategory of visa lets you stay and work in Australia as a skilled person with an Australian organization. You and the members of your family unit, who avail of this visa, can come and stay in Australia for a period of up to 2 years.
Obligations for the applicant under subclass 408 visa
To avail of this category of visa, there are certain requirements that you will need to fulfil. The lists are given below.
- Stay Duration– The stay duration under Temporary Activity visa (subclass 408) Staff Exchange Arrangements is up to 2 years.
- Visa Cost– The cost of this subcategory of visa starts from AUD 310.
- Things you must/ need to have: To avail of this visa you must-
- Be a skilled person with a genuine exchange arrangement
- Have the experience to exchange jobs with an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Have a supporter or sponsor, depending on your situation
- Activities in Australia you can undertake: With this category of visa you can-
- Take part in a reciprocal staff exchange with an Australian organisation
- Stay and work in Australia for up to 2 years
- Travel to and from Australia multiple time while your visa is valid
- Add family members to your visa application
- Apply for the visa in or outside Australia, except for the immigration clearance
FAQs of Temporary Activity visa (subclass 408) Staff Exchange Arrangements
- Is it necessary to take part in a reciprocal staff exchange program to avail of this visa?
Yes, to avail of Temporary Activity visa (subclass 408) Staff Exchange Arrangements, you must intend to work in a skilled position as part of a reciprocal staff exchange arrangement with an eligible Australian organisation.
2. Do I have to be a skilled worker?
Yes, you must possess the necessary skills to work as an exchange staff and/ or have the experience to perform the skilled position set out in the exchange agreement.
3. What agreement needs to be signed?
To avail this subcategory of visa you must have an agreement, between your organisation and the Australian organisation that states:
- The skilled position to be filled by the participants
- The staff in Australia and overseas who will take part in the exchange
- The duration of the exchange program