Under this subcategory of visa, you can come and work in Australia as a crew member of a superyacht for up to 12 months.
Obligations for the applicant
To avail of this category of visa, there are certain requirements that you will need to fulfil. The lists are given below.
- Stay Duration– The stay duration under the Temporary Activity visa (subclass 408) Superyacht Crew stream is up to 12 months.
- Visa Cost– The cost of Temporary Activity visa (subclass 408) Superyacht Crew stream starts from AUD 310.
- Things you must/ need to have: To avail of this visa you must-
- Have a valid contract to be employed as a superyacht crew member
- Have a letter of confirmation from the employer stating your employment as a member of the crew of the vessel
- Have a supporter or sponsor
- Submit a new visa application if you need to stay longer to complete your activities
- Meet additional requirements, if applicable
- Activities in Australia you can undertake: With this category of visa you can-
- Be employed as a superyacht crew member
- Stay and work in Australia for up to 12 months
- Apply for the visa in or outside Australia, except for the immigration clearance
- Travel to and from Australia multiple time while your visa is valid
FAQs of Temporary Activity visa (subclass 408) Superyacht Crew stream
- Do I need to have an employment contract for (subclass 408) Superyacht Crew stream?
Yes, to avail this subcategory of visa you must have-
- A contract to work as a crew member on a superyacht in Australia, or
- A letter of confirmation from your employer stating your employment as a member of the crew of the superyacht in Australia
2. Is it mandatory to have health insurance to avail of this visa?
Yes, as per the government rule, you must maintain adequate health cover for yourself while you stay in Australia. It will be your liability to bear all the healthcare costs here. Hence, getting yourself health insurance can ease your financial burden. Your health insurance should cover medically necessary treatment, including transport.
To know more about what is considered adequate health insurance please visit Help-Support.
Also, some countries have reciprocal health care agreements with Australia. To know in detail visit reciprocal healthcare agreements.
3. What document do I need to sign?
To avail Temporary Activity visa (subclass 408) Superyacht Crew stream, you will need to acknowledge the Australian Values Statement to confirm that you will respect the Australian way of life and obey the set rules and regulations.