This subclass of Temporary Skill Shortage visa, also known as TSS visa, enables employers, with a Labour Agreement, to nominate skilled workers. Workers under this employer-sponsored visa category can live and work in Australia temporarily. Labour agreements are developed by the Government of Australia and employers in this case.
Obligations for the applicant
To avail of this category of visa, there are certain requirements that you will need to fulfil. The lists are given below.
– Stay Duration: The stay duration under this category of visa is up to a maximum of 4 years, which depends on the labour agreement terms. But if you are a Hong Kong passport holder, you can extend your stay up to 5 years.
– Visa Cost: The cost of Temporary Skill Shortage Visa (subclass 482) Labour Agreement Stream starts from AUD 2,645.
– Things you must/ need to have: To avail of this visa you must-
- Be nominated by, an employer, in a specified occupation under the terms of a Labour Agreement
- Have an experience of at least 2 years in your nominated category of occupation or a related field
- Have skill assessment, if required for the applied occupation
- Work exclusively for a sponsor
- Must have the minimum level of English language proficiency
– Activities in Australia you can undertake: With this category of visa you can-
- Work temporarily, for 4 years, for your sponsor
- work up to 5 years if you have a Hong Kong passport
- Study without any government aid
- Travel to and from Australia multiple times while your visa is valid
FAQs of Temporary Skill Shortage Visa (subclass 482) Labour agreement stream
- Do I have to work under a labour agreement?
Yes, working under a labour agreement is a must to avail Temporary skill shortage visa (subclass 482) Labour agreement stream. You must be nominated under a field of occupation, which shall be the subject of a labour agreement between the Commonwealth and the nominator.
2. Is having work experience mandatory?
Yes, having a minimum of 2 years of work experience is mandatory to avail of this category of visa. That’s not all, as you must have the minimum work experience in the nominated occupation or a related field only unless varied by the terms of the labour agreement.
3. Does meeting the minimum health requirements essential for the TSS visa Labour Agreement Stream?
In order to work under the TSS visa Labour Agreement Stream, you and any of your family members, who have applied for the visa, must meet the minimum health requirements set by the Australian government. To know more about the health requirements please visit Meet Our Health Requirements.