This is a temporary training visa for those who are looking to visit Australia for workplace-based training or professional development training program to improve their skills for their job or area of expertise.
Obligations for the training visa applicant
To avail of this category of visa, there are certain requirements that you will need to fulfil. The lists are given below.
- Stay Duration– The stay duration under this subclass of visa is temporary. This is a training visa and you might be granted to stay in Australia for up to 2 years.
- Visa Cost– The cost of this subclass of visa starts from AUD 310, for the main applicant.
- Things you must/ need to have: To avail of this visa you must-
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be sponsored by an approved sponsor
- Be nominated for an approved occupation, unless your sponsor is a Commonwealth Government agency
- Be invited, if your sponsor is a Commonwealth Government agency
- Have a genuine intention to stay in Australia temporarily
- Activities in Australia you can undertake: With this category of visa you can-
- Stay in Australia temporarily, for up to 2 years
- Visit Australia to complete a workplace-based training
- Visit Australia to undertake a professional development training program
- Travel to and from Australia as long as your visa is valid
FAQs of Subclass 407 Training Visa
- What is the minimum age to apply for this 407 visa?
To apply for this visa, you must be 18 years old or older.
2. Do I need to be nominated to avail of this training visa?
Yes, it is essential that your sponsor to nominate you participate in a program of occupational training unless your sponsor is an Australian Commonwealth Government agency.
Nomination requirements are different depending on the purpose or type of training.
3. Is it essential to be approved by a sponsor?
To apply for this visa, it is a must that you get approved as a temporary activities sponsor.