Estimated reading time: 8 minutes
If you think you can become a university lecturer; well, the university lecturer pathway to Australian migration is always open for you. If you want to earn handsome money from your skills in giving lectures and facilitate higher education; we at Australian Visa Lawyer can become the door to your success. Down here, you will get to know how you can go to Australia by choosing this profession. Also, you will get to know the various processes required for the procedures with the charges. We will tell you about the job availability in the Australian state. Not only this but we will also tell the importance of university lecturers in the country.
Table of Contents
Demand for Lecturers in Australia
Being a university lecturer is quite different from being a university professor. A professor is a key part of the university faculties and gets to work there with a great experience. On the other hand, a lecturer gives lectures and facilitates a large group of students. Sometimes may be a combination of online and on-campus classrooms. Thus, university lecturers’ pathway to Australian migration is one such key that can help you achieve your goal. Also, it will provide you with your dream salary.
A lecturer can schedule a seminar for his lectures, work as a full-time, part-time, or sessional lecturer. Further, a lecturer can gain years of experience to become a professor. Talking about the importance of lectures in Australia, the occupation under the skilled occupation list is under the MLTSSL (medium and long-term strategic skill list). The demand is more due to your experience, your cv, and the university from where you have your postgraduation. Your educational background is the key factor in gaining the job of a lecturer in Australia.
Currently, lectures in the field of Australian tax law are much more in demand. Various universities hire lecturers based on their qualifications from a reputed university, their knowledge, and a very good salary. The university lecturer pathway to Australian migration can provide you permanent residency in Australia once approved for migration.
Australia is in critical need of very experienced lecturers. Their demand is growing with the increase of institutions and glorified universities. Usually, universities hire lecturers who are at least in their 2nd year of postgraduation with an outstanding Ph.D. Therefore, it is clear that you can earn by speaking about the subject you love the most. At the same time, you can get permanent residency in Australia using university lecturers’ pathway to Australian migration.
ANZSCO code of lecturer occupation
A lecturer conducts various researches based on their knowledge. Hence, based on their job skills, they are categorized and assessed for visa on skill level 1. The lecturer occupation in Australia is mentioned under various sections and sectors for visa availability.
Applicants may also be required to prove registration and licensing based on their chosen profession. Depending on the visa, the profession you select, and the applicant’s country of origin, a qualifications examination may be required.
Various government agencies use the ANZSCO codes for collecting, analyzing, and publishing occupation statistics. The various codes are used by DIAC (Department of Immigration and Citizenship) to gather information for all visa and citizenship programs across Australia. It provides details for various occupations and the duties, roles, and qualifications required to perform that job.
DIAC will use ANZSCO to determine whether an applicant satisfies the requirements for the university lecturers’ pathway to Australian migration nomination. They’ll like to see whether the person nominated has a relevant degree in the field they have applied for or can provide signs of being a professional lecturer. DIAC would also like to see if the nominating individual has the appropriate credentials or expertise under the MLTSSL list.
The ANZSCO code for lecturers is under the university lecturer occupation list with code 242111. The university lecturers’ pathway to Australian migration is made easy for you once you go through all the details present here.
Assessing authority for lecturers’ migration to Australia and application fees
The various skill assessment is done under various skilled assessing authorities. Hence, these tests are performed to check whether the person who has applied for moving to Australia with a specific occupation is well enough to make the quality test set to work there.
The assessing authority for lecturers’ migration is VETASSESS.
The VETASSESS complete skills appraisal compares your credentials and work experience to the suitability of your chosen profession. Qualification testing entails deciding the educational standard of your credentials on the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) and determining their validity for your chosen profession. Employment appraisal entails assessing whether your work experience (whether domestic or international) is of sufficient quality and relevance to your chosen profession.
An effective skills assessment for migration purposes requires a positive assessment of both qualifications and jobs.
Recent updates are done by VETASSESS
- From June 15th, 2021; Due to the Australian government updated requirement, the applicant will have to provide at least three documents when applying for the skills assessment for a professional job.
- The technical interview assessment is now online for trade occupations due to the covid19 outbreak for all non-licensed trade occupations.
Requirements for the skill assessment
- This profession includes a degree in a discipline strongly appropriate to the nominated occupation that is measured as equal to the educational standard of an Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Bachelor or higher.
- In addition, applicants should have completed one year of extremely applicable post-qualification work at an acceptable ability standard in the previous five years.
- For university lecturers’ pathway to Australian migration, you must have ample documentation supporting proper fee payment, proof of identity, qualification, and job claims ready to add to the online form while applying for Priority Processing.
The fee that is required for applying to visa and various assessment are:
- About the online application, the charge for a complete skills assessment is AUD 927$.
- The priority processing fee for online applicants is AUD 600$.
Available visa categories and subclasses for lecturers’
There are numerous visa subclasses available for university lecturer occupation. It is up to you to decide under what subclass you want to work in Australian states. Thus, seeking help from the various visa servicing providers will get you extra support. They can help you get the visa based on your requirements. The university lecturer occupation is under ANZSCO code 242111, and the various visa categories with subclasses are as below:
- 186 – Employer Nomination Scheme visa
- 407 – Training visa
- 482 – Temporary Skill Shortage – Medium Term Stream
- 190 – Skilled Nominated
- 489 – Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa – State or Territory nominated
- 489 – Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa – Family-sponsored
- 485 – Temporary Graduate – Graduate Work
- 189 – Skilled Independent – Points-Tested
- 187 – Regional Sponsor Migration Scheme 494 – Skilled Employer-Sponsored Regional (provisional) – Employer-sponsored stream
- 491 – Skilled Work Regional (provisional) visa State or Territory nominated
- 491 – Skilled Work Regional (provisional) visa Family-Sponsored
Job role and task included as a lecturer migrant
The ANZSCO provides various roles and responsibilities to match the requirement for working in the Australian states. And indeed, you need to access the roles and responsibilities regarding successfully passing the skills assessment. The university lecturers’ pathway to Australian migration becomes easy once they know their responsibilities.
- You need to prepare as well as deliver lectures, schedule seminars, tutorials, and laboratory sessions.
- Being a lecturer, you need to prepare and mark examinations, various assignments, and essays given to the students.
- The role gives you the responsibility to advise students on academic and subject-related matters.
- Compile bibliographies of specific materials for the student’s reading materials.
- You also need to attend faculty meetings, supervising work programs for pg. Students, tutorial staff.
- Lecturers should participate in academic planning, curriculum revisions, and many more things.
Job availability and expected salaries for a lecturer:
While shifting to a certain place, it is always better to analyze the jobs available in that area. The knowledge gives you the best method to plan you are moving from one place to another.
- E-Learning Advisor – Master of Teaching (Secondary) – Professional Experience
Swinburne Online posts job. And has a salary of AUD 55$ per hour.
2. Lecturer/Senior Lecturer – The University of Queensland
The University of Queensland requires a highly knowledgeable lecturer for various education and training programs. They are providing AUD 99k$ – AUD 118k$ base + 17% super.
3. Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Information Technology- Murdoch University
An opportunity at either a Lecturer (Level B) or Senior Lecturer (Level C) position. The salary structures are level B AUD 95k – AUD 113k or Level C AUD 116K – AUD 134K. Plus 17% employer superannuation contribution.
Receive expert advice
At last, after getting the complete set of information to make your dream of giving lectures in Australia; the university lecturers’ pathway to Australian migration is made easy. You can now see the various job availability, the documentation you need, various visa options, and many more. We can help you accomplish this lecturer occupation in Australia much easily. We (Migration Agent Brisbane) provide guidance that you will need at each place of the process. And also help you earn more and easily migrate to Australia.
Read other related articles