This is a temporary tourist visa, which allows for the entry of genuine tourists. This visa stream allows citizens from certain areas of China to visit Australia on a tour organised by an approved travel agent.
Obligations for the subclass 600 visa applicant
To avail of this category of visitor visa, there are certain requirements that you will need to fulfil. The lists are given below.
- Stay Duration– The stay duration under this stream of visa is temporary and the immigration department will let you know how long you can stay in your visa grant letter.
- Visa Cost– The cost of this is AUD 145.
- Things you must/ need to have– To avail of this visa, you must-
- Be a citizen of the People’s Republic of China
- Meet the genuine temporary stay requirement
- Intend to travel to Australia as part of a tour organised by an approved travel agent
- Obey any condition and stay period attached to your visa
- Activities in Australia you can undertake- With this category of visa you can-
- Visit China as a part of your approved tour group
- Participate in activities that are part of your tour
- Must leave Australia with your tour group before your visa expires
- Do I need to meet the set health requirement to avail of this visa?
Yes, to avail of this visa, you must meet the set health requirement.
2. Is it essential to show the intention of a genuine visitor to avail of this visa?
Yes, you must only intend to:
- stay temporarily in Australia
- obey any condition and stay period attached to your visa
3. Can I apply even if I am not from the People’s Republic of China?
No, to avail of the Visitor visa (subclass 600) Approved Destination Status stream, it is an obligation that you are a citizen of the People’s Republic of China and want to visit Australia as a part of an approved tour group.
Consult a registered migration agent Canberra or lawyer if you would like to know more about this visa or other Australian migration laws.