This is a temporary visa that allows sponsored people to visit and stay in Australia for up to 12 months. To avail of this visa you must be sponsored, usually by a family member, to come to Australia to visit your family.
Obligations for the Visitor visa (subclass 600) applicant
To avail of this category of visa, there are certain requirements that you will need to fulfil. The lists are given below.
- Stay Duration– The stay duration under this stream of visa is up to 12 months.
- Visa Cost– The cost of this stream of visa is AUD 145. Your sponsor may be asked to pay a security bond in certain cases.
- Things you must/ need to have– To avail of this visa, you must-
- Be sponsored by your family members
- Visit Australia on a temporary basis
- Obey any condition and stay period attached to your visa
- Intend to come to Australia as a visitor only
- Obey Australian laws
- Activities in Australia you can undertake- With this category of visa you can-
- Visit and stay with your family in Australia
- Stay in Australia as a tourist
- Study or train for up to 3 months in total on this visa
- Travel to and from Australia multiple time as long as your visa is valid
- Is it essential to have access to enough money to support me during my stay in Australia?
Yes, to visit Australia under this stream of visitor visa, you must have, or have access to, enough money to support yourself while you are in Australia.
2. Do I need to meet the set health requirement to avail of this visa?
Yes, to avail of this visa, you must meet the set health requirement.
3. Is being sponsored a must for this stream of visitor visa?
Yes, to avail of this stream of visa, you must have a sponsor. Your sponsor can be either:
- a family member in Australia
- an Australian government official
If your family wants to support you without sponsoring you then you can apply for a Visitor visa (subclass 600) Tourist stream. Provide a letter of invitation from your family member with your application.