Estimated reading time: 10 minutes
Do you have knowledge of metal components of various structures like pipelines, bridges, power plants, buildings, refineries, automobiles, or ships? Do you have incomparable skills in handling metal like joining, fixing, repairing, etc.?
If yes, then you can become a perfect applicant to relocate to Australia. You can do it through the Welding Trade Worker pathway to Australian migration. Moreover, this profession has numerous benefits. These include no college degree required, no gender discrimination, inconsiderable age factor, good salary, and enormous job opportunities.
That is to say, if you dream about migrating to Australia and are not able to decide the way, then, this article can help you. Therefore, if you have the desired abilities of a welder, go through this article once. You will get aware of the facts of migrating to Australia as a Welding Trades Worker.
Table of Contents
Demand for Welding Trade Workers in Australia
Are you aware of the job demand of a Welding Trades Worker? If not, then you must know that this job vacancy needs the applicants the most. This is the reason why this profession is at the top of the job demand list of Australia.
Moreover, at present, the best way to relocate to Australia is Welding Trade Worker pathway to Australian migration. In other words, due to the high job demand, it is easy to get a visa. It is because the Australian community needs someone to fix their problems related to metal parts.
So, if you are planning to relocate to Australia, our team of experts will help you. You can learn about the Australian migration as a Welding Trades Worker. Most importantly, if you have the ability and amazing skills in the sector, you may stand a higher chance.
Further, there is no point in missing this golden opportunity of getting a highly paid job. It is also giving you a chance to settle in Australia. In this way, you can earn happily and boast your living standards with a healthy lifestyle.
Welding Trades Worker categorizes under the Skilled Occupation List which is active at present. Furthermore, The Australian government considers this profession under the Medium- & Long-Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL). So, if you are capable of becoming a Welder with phenomenal skills in the sector, then you can become a perfect nominee to apply.
However, you can apply under the visa subclass of 186, 189, 190, 407, 485, 489, 482 temporary skill shortage visa, 187, 494, and 491 for Welding Trades Worker.
ANZSCO code of Welding Trades Worker occupation in Australia
Being a Welder, you may be asked to cut, shape, join and repair metal components of iron and steel structures, boilers, pressure vessels and pipes, ships and other vessels. Therefore, if you are capable enough to perform these tasks without any blunder, then, you may choose the Welding Trades Workers pathway to Australian migration.
That is to say, relocating to Australia will help you in living happily and healthy. Also, you will be able to maintain higher living standards by doing so.
Most importantly, you will get a good salary which will make your life pretty easy in Australia. The ANZSCO codes for Welding Trades Worker occupation are
- 322311 METAL FABRICATOR
- 322312 PRESSURE WELDER
- 322313 WELDER (FIRST CLASS)
Assessing Authority for Welding Trades Workers migration to Australia and fees
TRA (Trades Recognition Australia) is behind the skill assessment test for people who wish to migrate to Australia for trading and craftsmanship. In addition, this assessing authority undertakes skill assessments for Welding Trades Workers and assists for migration and skills recognition purposes.
In this way, it is responsible to help the country in ensuring continuous economic growth that will prove fruitful to stay in the top position. Furthermore, it also allows the country to maintain continued prosperity. Therefore, you can go for the Welding Trades Workers pathway to Australian migration easily.
Remember, to get eligible for the MRA test, so that you can apply for it, you must cover the following requirements:
- have the required amount of employment experience in your occupation
- have a qualification directly related to your nominated occupation
Also, TRA charges some amount to provide you with the skill assessment service. That implies the applicants who want to get their skill assessment test for Australian migration will have to pay the fees charged by TRA. Therefore, to give you clarity on the fee schedule, the charges are mentioned below.
- Migration Skills Assessment (MSA) – $1000
- Migration Skills Assessment (MSA) – Review – $900
Most importantly, you must know that fee structures are subject to change. That is to say, TRA, the assessing authority will give reasonable notice of any proposed fee increases. Also, the notices regarding the same will be mentioned on the assessing authority website.
Available visa categories and subclasses for Welding Trades Workers
You must seek the help of a trusted firm to be assured of getting a visa when you apply for it. In other words, experienced consultants can help you in the best way to guide you about Welding Trades Workers pathway to Australian migration. In addition, an expert will be assigned to you who will play the role of a migration agent for your Australian migration process.
Therefore, you may choose the visa type which is suitable for you while keeping your requirements and needs in consideration. As a Welding Trades Workers, you can choose from the following visa subclass options for Australian migration:
Visa subclasses for Welding Trades Workers
- 186 – permanent visa for skilled foreign workers
- 187 – regional sponsor visa for skilled foreign workers
- 189 – skilled independent visa which for applicants who wish to live and work anywhere in Australia.
- 190 – state-sponsored visa through which applicants can live and work in Australia for an indefinite period.
- 489 – a skilled regional provisional visa that is a pathway to Australian permanent residency and is valid for four years.
- 407 – training visa
- 485 – a temporary graduate visa that allows the applicant to do graduate work
- 491 – skilled regional provisional visa for state or territory nominated and family-sponsored
- 489 – skilled regional provisional visa for state or territory nominated
- 482 – skilled employer-sponsored regional provisional for employer-sponsored team
Most importantly, you must know that out of all the subclasses mentioned above, subclass 189, 190, and 489 are considered point-based skilled migration visas. That is to say, for these visa types you have to score a minimum of 60 points in the Australia Immigration point test. Therefore, you have to score well to qualify as an applicant for the nominated occupation.
In other words, the points are based on various factors like Educational Qualification, Age, Work Experience, Relevant Skills, Language requirements, and others.
Job role and task included as a Welding Trades Worker migrant
Being a Welding Trades Worker, it is your responsibility or duty to cut, shape, join and repair metal components of iron and steel structures, boilers, pressure vessels and pipes, ships and other vessels.
However, if you choose the Welding Trades Worker pathway to Australian migration, then be ready to perform the following tasks depending on what your company will ask you to do.
- selecting, cleaning and preparing metal stock
- studying blueprints, drawings and specifications to determine job requirements
- cutting marked-out metal sections and shapes using hand tools, flame-cutting torches and metal cutting machines
- aligning parts to be joined using hand tools and measuring instruments
- shaping and bending metal sections and pipes using hand and machine tools, and by heating and hammering
- joining metal sections using various welding techniques, bolting and riveting
- finishing products by cleaning, polishing, filing and bathing in acidic solutions
- examining welds for a width of bead, penetration and precision
- cleaning and smoothing welds by filing, chiselling and grinding
Above all, the specializations may include Boilermaker-Welder, Brass Finisher, Metal Fabricator-Welder, Metal Template Maker, Structural Steel Trades Worker and Special Class Welder.
Job availability and expected salaries
Do you know the fact that due to the increase in demand for Welding Trades Workers, there are numerous job vacancies to get employed? If not, then you must know that if you have excellent skills in the welding sector, you can become a perfect applicant to get nominated for the occupation. In addition, you will get a lot of opportunities with flexibility in the job.
That is to say, the profession might prove a boon for those who want to go with the Welding Trades Workers pathway to Australian migration. Moreover, by becoming a Welder, you will be able to serve the local community of Australia.
Therefore, if you have an interest in the above-mentioned job, get ready to benefit from the excellent payout with a vast number of options to choose from.
Here are some examples of job opportunities that you can go through once to have a better understanding.
- Based at Wetherill Park, Precision Metal Group (PMG) is a growing organisation that is seeking interest in a full-time permanent Welding trades worker. The job is offered with a handsome amount of $30 – $34.99 per hour.
Most importantly, the shortlisted applicants will only be contacted.
- Trade qualifications in Welding, preferably with Pressure Welding (AS1796) ticket
- 5 years post-trade experience preferred. Experience with Mild steel, Stainless and Aluminium, Mobile Plant, Industrial Machinery, welding, oxy cutting, assembly and mechanical components, pipework, and valve fitting will be highly regarded.
- White Card
- Confined Space ticket
- Good fault-finding & problem-solving skills.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Strong focus on safety in the workplace
- Hard-working and positive attitude
- Current valid Driver’s license & own reliable transport
As a Welder, you will be working both in the field and in the workshop, to cut, shape, join and repair metal components of iron and steel structures, boilers, pressure vessels and pipes using the appropriate welding process or technique.
- Logical Staffing Solutions is seeking interest in a Welding trades worker who will work for the company. Also, it is his responsibility to work excellently without any fail as the company’s position has to be maintained. Remember, the vacant positions will commence on a casual basis with a view to permanency
- Cert 3 Qualified
- Pulse Mig Welding experience
(Welding 2-10mm Mild Steel & Stainless steel)
Most importantly, the salary will be $25 – $34.99 per hour. Furthermore, a contract will be signed to specify or mention everything. In addition, the job is temporary with casual working days or hours.
Final advice from our migration agents
To sum up, the article written above is a way to make people aware of the welding trades pathway to Australian migration. However, the main objective was to give the reader a sight of migrating to Australia as a Welding trades. Moreover, the reason is very obvious that the welding trades’ job is in high demand in Australia.
Thus, this article will prove to be a nice help for those who want to pursue their career as a Welding trades in Australia. In this way, you will become a skilled overseas worker which will add a big value to your portfolio. Also, you will be able to achieve your dreams and fly with us to Australia.
Furthermore, you can take our help in this journey as we guarantee that you will get excellent services. Our team of experts at Australian Visa Lawyer will guide you at every moment of your immigration process and make sure to get you a visa. Therefore, to make your Australian migration process convenient book an appointment with our migration consultancy Sydney team.
Read other related articles